The Cevedale lakes

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.42674°N / 10.70154°E
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Sign the Climber's Log

Cevedale: The " Laghi del Cevedale" excursion


CevedaleTrentino - Italia

Getting There

This tour starting in Peio Valley, Trentino.
Starting point can be reached by following the asphalt road that from Cogolo takes you to the Malga Mare (Val della Mare).

Lago NeroLago Nero

Route Description

After parking your car, follow the 102 trail marker that climbs north in a beautiful larch and pine tree forest, which will allow you to pass through several steep rocky cliffs. After passing these cliffs, an easier trail takes you to the area called Pian Venezia.
The itinerary to follow is now clear and it rises along the left orographical side of the Noce Bianco stream. From here you will enjoy a spectacular view of the Vioz 3645m., Palon della Mare 3703m. and Cevedale mountain peaks 3769m.
After reaching the Larcher mountain hut, go up towards the east and in a short time you will reach the enchanting Lago delle Marmotte 2703m. which is known for its emerald green reflections in the water. (2.30 hours)

User Profile ImageCevedale glacier and Larcher mountain hut
Mrmotte lakemarmotte lake.
ViozMount Vioz


Leave the lake behind you and after a brief descent and after passing the fork in the trail with the 104 trail marker that goes to the Càreser Glacier, follow an easy trail southeast that runs along the slopes of the Cima Lago Lungo ). This trail will take you onto a natural rocky balcony overlooking Lago Lungo. From here, you can easily reach the shores of the small Lago Nero ), which is known for the spectacular roche moutonnées that are located here just before the Càreser artificial basin. Pass over the dam’s crest until you reach the control house.(3.30 hours)
From here, trail number 123 descends amongst rocky cliffs with numerous turns, passing the Lame ridge. Here, it is often possible to spot chamois. Continue south west amongst junipers and dwarf willows. Continuing along the zigzag path, you will gradually enter into the pine wood (inhabited by numerous nutcrackers); reaching the rocky cliff that is located just above the starting point, which can be reached following the clearly marked path. (5.00 hours)

Rocksrocks
 The stone pinestone pine
waterfallwaterfall

Essential Gear

Hiking gear is sufficient.

External Links

Val di Peio
Larcher mountain hut
Parco Nazionale dello Stelvio
Cevedale,the tour of the lakes
Natura 2000

Pian VeneziaVal Venezia, a typical U - shaped glacier valley

botanical aspects in the Val della Mare

Val della Mare take part to the Natura 2000 network, it is a Special Protection Area.

Carex magellanica Auct., Silene acaulis, (L.) Jacq, Primula spectabilis Tratt., Pulsatilla alpina ssp. Apiifolia (Scop.) Nymann, Rhodiola rosea L. Gentiana clusii Perr. et Song. e G.verna L,Salix helvetica,Festuca melanopsis, Potentilla frigida,Festuca varia, Festuca halleri,Eriophorum scheuchzer, Potentilla frigida

Eriophorum scheuchzeriEriophorum scheuchzer near Marmotte lake 2704m.

Map and books

Peio e Rabbi Val di Sole - Kompass 1: 25000
" Naturalmente Trentino" -Sat Trentino, Curcu e Genovese


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.