cp0915Already looking great

cp0915

The photos are awesome. I look forward to the finished product.
Posted Aug 28, 2009 9:35 am

MarcsoltanI can't stop...

Marcsoltan

thinking of Rahel, especially after Hiltrud posted her photo smiling out of her bivy sack on this ridge. I know you were thinking of her too. Were you able to locate the exact spot where she had fallen? This is a dangerous sport/lifestyle we are all involved in.
Happy climbing,
Marc
Posted Aug 28, 2009 12:03 pm

mvsRe: I can't stop...

mvs

No not exactly. But I know it was on this long steep upper snow/ice slope with a few outcroppings of rock. It's ridiculously exposed to the wind. I would like to get more detailed info on the location on the east side of the ridge where Edward was able to find some shelter. If I can describe it well enough, maybe it will save someone else. Or maybe it's enough to know (or hope) that on the east side of the ridge there may be a bit more shelter.
Posted Aug 28, 2009 1:30 pm

mvsRe: Bravo!

mvs

I know, it is really amazing. I haven't yet included first ascent information because my friend in Chamonix still has my guidebooks, but I'll get them back tomorrow. Thanks for checking the page out!
Posted Aug 31, 2009 5:33 am

mvsRe: Very Nice Page....

mvs

Mmm...that reminds me of some pesto lasagna I had in Italy once in the Cinque Terre. Mountains shmountains!
Posted Sep 2, 2009 9:02 am

MoapaPkgood example

MoapaPk

This is what SP is all about-- sharing useful information to keep others safer.
Posted Sep 1, 2009 2:42 pm

mvsRe: good example

mvs

Thank you Moa! I'm happy to have been able to synthesize these different bits of info about the route.
Posted Sep 2, 2009 1:08 pm

mvsRe: Great work...

mvs

Oh man that is very sad. :-( I was shocked to read about the accident while doing research to make this page. Your note adds a personal dimension to the tragedy. Now I can understand even more why your guide made a special appeal to climb carefully and safely that day.

As for the video you found, amazing. It really shows the best face of the climb. I already watched it twice :-). I added it to the page links.
Posted Sep 2, 2009 12:30 am

CoraxExcellent!

Corax

This is one of the best route pages on SP. As Moa said: this is what SP is all about. To find all the info needed on one single page. Great work.
I have sort of boycotted the Alps as I think it's too expensive, too many rules and too much people in the mountains, but when looking at a page like this one I feel I perhaps should reconsider a bit :)
Posted Sep 2, 2009 11:49 am

mvsRe: Excellent!

mvs

Hey thanks that means a lot! And if it makes you consider your boycott, that is doubly good. I definitely understand that "never again" feeling you might get when unluckily in a horde. No hordes on these kinds of routes though!
Posted Sep 3, 2009 7:22 am

BartGreat description

Bart

Good factual description mixed with personal anecdotes, gives a real feeling of the route and the (objective) hazards involved. Congratulations on climbing it!
Posted Nov 13, 2009 3:48 am

TimBVery nice!

TimB

Great report. If I ever get a chance to climb the Innominata, I will be grateful for your work, mvs.

Posted Nov 8, 2012 5:57 pm