Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 43.44373°N / 117.18318°W
Additional Information County: Malheur
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering, Sport Climbing, Aid Climbing, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 4828 ft / 1472 m
Sign the Climber's Log

 

Overview

Three Fingers Rock is located in Malheur County in the state of Oregon. It is a very impressive sight and can be seen virtually anywhere in the Treasure Valley. The East Finger is the easy one to climb, the Middle Finger has some rotten class 4-5ish rock and the West Finger is a scramble. The Owyhee's offer amazing wilderness area to the east with rugged peaks and old mining remnants while the further west you get (this area) there are many canyons and rock to play on. You most likely see herds of wild horses in and around Three Fingers Rock.  

From the summit looking east Looking East from the Summit of Three Fingers Rock

It is a truly an amazing area with a ton of wildlife which include some very popular residents like Rattlesnakes and Scorpions. So always be watchful especially late spring though until winter.

Getting There

From Homedale Idaho and or Adrian Oregon: Three Fingers Rock is west of Succor Creek State Park and east of the Honey Combs. It is located roughly a mile west of Big Hill Spring in, which can be reached from the turnoff between Round Mountain and McIntyre Ridge (about 3 miles).  

Three Fingers Rock From Left to right West, Middle and East Fingers

Camping

Succor Creek has numerous camp sites and is an Oregon State Park. Succor Creek State Park  

Succor Creek Succor Creek
Cave Cave from Succor Creek State Park

 



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Owyhee CanyonlandsMountains & Rocks