Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 37.99237°N / 107.84901°W
Additional Information County: San Miguel
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 13735 ft / 4186 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

TO (Letter T, Letter 0) is the 134th highest summit in Colorado. TO is a high point on the ridge extending west from Dallas Peak in the Sneffels Range of the San Juans. It is rarely seen or noticed from the road but hides conveniently northwest of the formerly rustic town of Telluride. The Summmit of TO is gaurded by loose cliffs and steep gullies on its convenient south or Telluride side. The broad basin above Blue Lakes is genlte and rolling in nature but adds a longer approach.

T O Peak on the LeftT O is the point to the left of the South Ridge on the right. Ascend the right side of this ridge to gain the ridge above.

Getting There

Right side Gullies of the South RidgeClimbing the rightside gullies of the South Ridge access.
TO is most readily approached from the South via Mill Creek Road. From Telluride drive 1 mile west on Hwy 145 to a right / north on Mill Creek Road. Drive a short distance and park or continue up a slightly steeper road to Telluride's Water Treatment facility 1 1/2 miles.

Blue Lakes TH provides a longer approach with a wilderness feel and stunning deep blue lakes under Mount Sneffels West Face. Find Blue Lake TH by continuing from Telluride on Hwy 145 to a T intersection with Hwy 62. Take Hwy 62 North over and down Dallas Divide. Find Dallas Creek Rd. on the right or East side of 62. Follow Dallas Creek Drive to Blue Lakes TH one curve before the road ends. Be advised there is a campfire closure at the Blue Lakes and in the East Dallas Creek Drainage.

Finding this narrow  fin SE of  Peak T O.leaving the Sneffels Highline trail for this fin is key to getting into the hanging basin below the South Ridge.


Red Tape

Be advised there is a campfire closure at the Blue Lakes and in the East Dallas Creek Drainage.
Steer clear of the water treatment facility in Mill Creek.

Camping

Camping abounds in the busy town park of Telluride, or south up Hwy 145 on Lizard Head Pass at Sunshine Campgroud, Alta Lakes (high clearance vehicle required) or at Matterhorn Campground past the Ophir turnoff.

External Links

Add External Links text here.