Trem

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 43.10490°N / 22.10340°E
Additional Information Elevation: 5938 ft / 1810 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Most impressive peak of Serbia

Trem summit view

Trem (1810 m) is the highest peak of SUVA PLANINA (Dry Mountain), which is one of the most impressive mountain range in Serbia. Trem is also for sure the most impressive peak of Serbia, because its high and impressive vertical rocky NE wall dominate more than 1000 m above the Kosmovac village.

The north side of Trem is very steep with deep crags and rich beech forest below. On the other hand, south side of Trem is smooth, but bare-wooded. Farther east of Trem peak (1810 m) outspreads the large high-lend plateau. Composition of Trem peak is primary lime stoned.

The closest neighbour of Trem is Sokolov Kamen which is with Trem separated/connected with Devojački Grob (1311 m) pass.

In last weekend in February there is a mountaineering event called "Zimski uspon na Trem" (Winter climb on Trem), that gather over 600 mountaineers from all parts of Balkan. It is also the biggest Balkan’s mountain winter event. It started in 1997 and it is under the organization of Mountaineering club "Železnicar" from city of Niš.

Routes Info

Below the TremBelow the Trem
Trem from the forestTrem from the forest

Bojanine Vode - Devojački Grob (1311 m) pass - Trem (1810 m): 4h

The classical route to Trem peak begins from Bojanine Vode where is placed Studenac hut. After about 30 minutes the path leads into the rich beech forest. After about 2h you'll reach the Devojački Grob (1311 m) pass. From here you should continue to the left ascending on the grassy slopes more about 1,30h when you'll reach the summit of Trem (1810 m). The path from Devojački Grob pass to the summit of Trem goes near the edge of wider Trem massif, so that'a a nice opportunity to watch many high cliffs and deep views to the valley below.

Trem summitTrem summit
TremFrom Devojački Grob

Donji Dušnik village - Devojački Grob (1311 m) pass - Trem (1810 m): 4h

Second option to climb Trem is from Donji Dušnik village from the S side of Trem massif. The path goes first through the rich beech forest. After that you should reach the Devojački Grob (1311 m) pass, from where you need more about 1,30h to reach the summit of Trem.

Getting There

Amazing Trem

If you want to climb Trem (1810 m) peak, you should first reach the Niš town, which is placed in the South Serbia.

By plane:

- To Belgrade/Beograd airport, distance about 280 km from Suva Planina mountain.
- To Niš airport closer to Suva Planina than Belgrade airport.
Than, from Belgrade or from Niš town - to Suva Planina by bus or car.

Also, everything about flights and tickets you can check on JAT Airways web site.

By bus:

- Belgrade - Niš, (about 250 km, 5 hours by bus)
(than from Niš to Niška Banja Spa with another local bus, from where you can get a taxi to Bojanine Vode mountain hut, more 30 km)

By car:

- Belgrade-Niš-Niška Banja Spa-Bojanine Vode hut (280 km)

Suva Planina is connected with the main transport routes in Serbia. The nearest airport is in Niš town.

Camping

Bojanine Vode HutStudenac Hut
Trem descentDescending from Trem

The optimal place to stay is Studenac mountain hut in Bojanine Vode, which is placed below the northern side of Sokolov Kamen peak.

The hut has a few rooms and apartments, hot water in the bathroom and also food service (cooking meal).
In the hut you can buy nonalcoholic beverages, beer and mineral water.

Weather Info

Information about the weather in Niš town you can find on VREME YUBC NET web site.

Trem
Trem massif from Smokovac VillageTrem massif from Kosmovac Village

Red Tape

No extra fees.

Maps

Suva Planina mapSuva Planina map
The route to the Trem summitTrem route map




Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Suva PlaninaMountains & Rocks