Trenta (Zadnjica) valley route

Trenta (Zadnjica) valley route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.41430°N / 13.81860°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble on an easy feratta
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up and easy secured climbing
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Starting point of this trail is Zadnjica, Trenta’s side valley. From Kranjska Gora drive over a Vrsic pass (1611m) and descent into Trenta valley, on the other side. Vrsic road has 49 sharp bends. Each one of them is numbered and has altitude height for your information. After the 49th bend road straightens as it reaches the Soca River, which runs through Trenta valley. You continue down the valley till you reach Trenta village. Here, at the sharp bend 50, we leave main road and enter Zadnjica valley. After some 2 kilometers road is closed for public. From here we follow the left road, which will soon get you to the bottom station of Pogacnikov Dom hut load aerial ropeway. Park here. 1 hour on foot from Trenta village.

Route Description


Wide path begins its gradual ascent in many sharp bends. At the beginning there is nice view on Beli Potok (white water) creek. Path is ascending through the forest, crossing few steep gullies, which on the left, from high above. Once you are out of the forest fantastic view of huge Beli Potok amphitheater or valley opens up. Above are massive cliffs of Planja (2447m) and Pihavec (2414m).

Behind Planja, on the left, Razor is also visible (2601m). Build path ascends in endless number of sharp bends with fantastic views that get better all the time till it reaches Pogacnikov Dom hut (2050m). At the bottom of the last ascent, in the huge basin, just right of the path is beautiful Spodnje Krisko Jezero (Lower Krisko Lake, 1880m), well worth of a short detour. Hut is 4 hours from the lower station, where you left your car.

Then you continue and follow the signposts for Dovska Vrata, 2180m (pass) and Kriz. You come over the plateau Kriski podi on the Dovska vratca.

Then you continue over the Stenar`s SW slopes on the notch between Kriz and Stenar. One route turn right and reach the Stenar but you turn left and come on the Kriz over the SE ridge. One possibility is also that you cross the SW slopes and then come on the top of Kriz over the NW ridge.

Essential Gear


Good hiking shoes.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

KrizRoutes