Vrata valley route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.41430°N / 13.81860°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking and scramble
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Starting point of the route is Aljazev Dom hut (1015m), which lies in the heart of the Vrata valley. More info about the hut is on the front page. Hut is accessible by car from Mojstrana village (12km), which is placed in the upper Savska Dolina valley at the end of Vrata valley (71km to Ljubljana, 13 to Kranjska Gora). You exit from the main road following the signs either to 'Mojstrana' or 'Vrata'. If you are using public transport you will have to walk up the Vrata valley from Mojstrana (2.30h).

Route Description


Trail begins near the chapel by the Aljazev Dom hut. Gradually ascends through the forest till it reaches viewing point bellow the smooth cliff of Dolkova Glava (1717m). Than it turns left, firstly over the grassy slopes and over steep scree reaches less steep, undulating terrain just bellow the Stenar’s face (2501m). Behind this section path enters a steep and narrow scree valley, which spreads from Stenarska Vratca pass (2295m) and is surrounded by smooth cliffs. After some 10 minutes of ascend through it trail turns sharply right and gets out climbing steep slopes bellow Na Rusju plateau, where Bivak IV bivouac stands (1980m). Bivouac is cannot be seen till the last meters. 2.30-3h from Aljazev Dom hut.

From bivouac you follow the signposts for the top of Kriska stena and for Kriz. In about one hour you come to the top of Kriska stena. From here you have about 30 minutes to the top. Be careful on some places.

Essential Gear


Good hiking shoes.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

KrizRoutes