Gran Paradiso VIDEO trip report

Gran Paradiso VIDEO trip report

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 45.51960°N / 7.26810°E
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jul 24, 2006
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Summer

Tresenta - Gran Paradiso - Mont Blanc trip

In July of 2006 we took a nice trip in the Western Alps. Firstly we tried and passed two italian summits in Gran Paradiso Nation Park. We climbed Tresenta and after that Gran Paradiso itself on a variant of Normal Route from Rifugio Vittorio Emanuelle all along on the glacier and not on the rocky ridge.

If you know this place you know camping is forbidden in the whole Gran Paradiso National Park. Altough we knew this rule we stayed in tent because the refuge was full and in this case you can stay in tent around the house.

Comments for video

First: Sorry for Hungarian language. Originally it isn't made for Summitpost but after that I thought You might enjoy it.

What we are talking about in the 2nd part of video:
So...
- We were a little bit tired. :-)
- We are very cool guys because we jumped across the wide crevass and didn't climbed across on a ladder. :-)))

In the last part you can see a strange stage because it seems we are just jumping in the snow like idiots. :-) To tell the truth there was a 2.5m wide and 20-30m deep crevass and we jumped across it.

More videos about this tour

1) Tresenta
2) Gran Paradiso
3) Mont Blanc

And last... the video

Click on the triangle shaped Play button to see the movie !

Closure

Special thanks for Rita Horváth for videos and Morceaux for some photos !

Comments

No comments posted yet.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Gran ParadisoTrip Reports