Tungsten Point

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.36910°N / 118.5283°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk Up
Sign the Climber's Log

Route Description


While this may be reached from any direction, the easiest (and, it would seem, the most popular) is to approach from the east, as described on the main page. Past the parking area, continue on the main road. While on this bit of road, you will pass under, and then to the west of the old Tungsten Blue Mine. After about a mile and a quarter, turn right onto another road which passes a gate early on, and then heads up the south flank of Tungsten Point. You will reach a parking area in less than half a mile. From here, walk northwest up the hill. The summit register is in a small pile of rocks near the northwest most point. This summit of this peak is 5951 feet in elevation.

Essential Gear


Sunblock and water.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
hightinerary

hightinerary - Apr 21, 2017 5:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Hmmm...

According to your coordinates, the Tungsten Hills High Point is lower than Tungsten Point.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.