Vallon Popera

Vallon Popera

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Scenery

Vallon Popera

Monte PoperaMonte Popera ( 3046 m )

This wild valley belongs to the Dolomiti di Sesto, and is situated in the heart of the Popera group. It's a place of rare beauty where you can enjoy a wonderful view of dolomitic peaks and towers: Cima Bagni ( 2986 m ), Campanili di Selva Piana ( main tower 2741 m ), Campanili di Popera ( main tower 2657 m ), Guglie di Stalata ( main tower 2639 m ), Cima Popera ( 2964 m ), Monte Popera ( 3046 m ), Cresta Zsgismondy ( 2998 m ), Cima Undici ( 3092 m ), Croda Rossa di Sesto ( Cima Dieci, 2965 m ), Gobba Grande ( 2528 m ), Pala di Popera ( Cima Nove, 2582 m ). This summits ( with the exception of Croda Rossa di Sesto ) are not as popular as their famous neighbours and are rarely climbed.





In the valley there's a lovely hut ( here is the link of the website where you can find useful information and detailed descriptions of the most famous routes ) dedicated to Antonio Berti, one of the pioneers of the alpinism in the Dolomites.
This pictures have been taken on october 1, 2007.


Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.