Via Dinarica Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 23
12
visentin

visentin - Jul 29, 2011 7:59 am - Voted 10/10

Amazing

I was actually wondering if such a route existed in the Dinarics. I have now the answer !
For the story I once started a page named "Trans-Carpathian", but I never finished it due to lack of knowledge for some areas, and lack of time. However one guy called Simon Dubuis is currently doing it following the read of my draft, and I plan to finalize it, possibly with him and some other people, when his tour is finished.

http://www.summitpost.org/under-construction/650943

Dinaric-ZG

Dinaric-ZG - Jul 29, 2011 8:46 am - Hasn't voted

...

Thank you Visentin,

For years, Ive been collecting materials and personal hiking experience of many of its sections with intention to put it earlier on SummitPost, but I was sad when lately I have realized that some people in Montenegro and Bosnia&Herzegovina have started to institutionalize my idea (through UNDP office in Montenegro), and started to talk publicly about the same concept and the same name wthout even contacting me.. I was not hiding this idea and I was talking about it publicly to other mountaineers during my hikings in those countries and even mentioned it on Internet in 2006. on SP Forum (that i am working on a virtual project I named Via Dinarica). But that is Internet and todays morality, anyone can take something witohut responsibility, and I cannot do anything with it :O

Gord

visentin

visentin - Jul 29, 2011 10:58 am - Voted 10/10

Re: ...

Don't worry... after all, mountains are a terrain of freedom and there is nothing to do against people hiking the same path than you do. And after all, if others are willing to abolish frontiers, let them do. I often read that crossing into countries like Albania via mountains is a bureaucratic nightmare, if stronger institutions are willing to struggle with that why not. As for itineraries, one of the only (and probably best) thing you can do is to invent a better path than them :) SP is a terrain of first-hand knowledge and your page couldn't find a better home than here.

Dinaric-ZG

Dinaric-ZG - Jul 29, 2011 11:32 am - Hasn't voted

...

I think more SP members have faced situation where their pictures or work was taken and used without, even politely, asking them. It is not, of course, the question of money but of just morality. I was surprised this May to find out that one of my Summitposts photos was printed on one of informative official tables put up in one mountain area in Monetenegro. :)

chugach mtn boy

chugach mtn boy - Aug 2, 2011 4:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Impressive

This is quite an amazing resource you are building!

Dinaric-ZG

Dinaric-ZG - Aug 3, 2011 1:14 am - Hasn't voted

...

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your compliments ;)
Gord

yatsek

yatsek - Aug 3, 2011 9:18 am - Voted 10/10

This route

Will stick in my mind as Via Dinarica-ZG.
Hvala,
Jacek
P.S. I've read most of your SP pages: Izvanredne.

Dinaric-ZG

Dinaric-ZG - Aug 4, 2011 10:27 am - Hasn't voted

Re: This route

I can just say big ":D" for Via Dinarica-ZG
Cheers! G.

peterbud

peterbud - Aug 4, 2011 1:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Great work

and a lot of experience I can see behind all this. And I think you have chosen the right answer, to disclose your version in public. I hope you will get the proper recognition you deserve, regardless of whoever will take it to an "official" level.

Dinaric-ZG

Dinaric-ZG - Aug 7, 2011 10:18 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great work

Thanks Peter, u people give me much needed support in all of these!

Gord

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Aug 6, 2011 4:54 pm - Voted 10/10

What a great project!

Hi, Gord!

I wish you succeed with this project, whatever your intentions are. I guess it would require enormous efforts to institutionalize it a bit beyond the mere virtual project as you name it now. But who knows? It's so appealing!

I saw this on your Klek page, thinking what a hell is this now. Then I thought you must be experimenting something, not wanting to add directly on your main Dinaric page. Now I see what a great work you had undertaken!

Again, all luck with this. I sincerely admire your will, knowledge and as an outcome - the greatest possible SP contributions! My small contribution - I just put it on the first page of SP ;)

Cheers!
Vid

Dinaric-ZG

Dinaric-ZG - Aug 7, 2011 10:15 am - Hasn't voted

Re: What a great project!

Hehe, Vid thank u very much for your (again) great support. My intention will remain strictly altruistic like one of possible verions (real personal suggestion) how to hike and visit the most attractive parts of the Dinarics. One day maybe a good material to write a book - a travelogue ;) who knows...

.. if someone on my Balkan trips heard me talking about Via Dinarica and took this idea and name to institutionalize this, I have nothing against it (though those people have to be honest about the origin of it; some of them were also the highest officials of one relevant mountainering society in one country to whom I spoke about my Via Dinarica "Crusades" 5 years ago). I will be happy if official Via Dinarica (one version or other) sponsored by EU, UN or others, becames real legitimate continuation of Via Alpina or any other European long-distance walking paths... If they were correct they should invite me to be the godfather of it, hehehehe..(kidding), though I always found the name Via Dinarica somehow logical, that anyone can (and will) one day came up with it ....

....and yes u were right about "Klek experiment" .. i had a mess with all those HTML-codes for symbols, because on my Mozilla at home they didnt show ther right way, but on other PCs everything was OK. I hope u too people with all Mozillas, M Explorers and Chromes see all symbols functional..

Thank again... i will need few more days to fulfill table till the end, then to check for possible typing mistakes....

SzaniUherkovich

SzaniUherkovich - Aug 7, 2011 2:03 am - Voted 10/10

Congratulations

Gord,
Congratulations for the work you have done (and I guess you are still doing)! Systematic, clear-minded concept and presentation! I hope it will spead out of the boundaries of SP
Cheers, Szani

Dinaric-ZG

Dinaric-ZG - Aug 7, 2011 2:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Congratulations

Thanky you a lot Szani ;)
Take care!

kamil

kamil - Aug 8, 2011 5:00 am - Voted 10/10

finally!

I remember you mentioned it many a time during our 2006 trip. What a great project, I hope you'll get the deserved credit for it!
pozdrav i vidimo se uskoro!
k

Dinaric-ZG

Dinaric-ZG - Aug 9, 2011 12:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: finally!

Thanks , I hope to see you Kamil again on another unforgetable trips into the mountains with you!

vvujisic

vvujisic - Aug 8, 2011 3:54 pm - Voted 10/10

Great job!

Dear Gordan,
Hat down for your great and beautiful page!
You can publish it like a guide brochure/book. That could be very useful support for many hikers who want discover Dinaric Alps.
Pozdrav!
Vlado

Dinaric-ZG

Dinaric-ZG - Aug 9, 2011 12:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great job!

He, he. Thank you Vlado. Since i am perfectionist a bit, and ive been spending last 20 years collecting data on Dinarics, maybe i need another 5-10 years more to visit the rest of the mountains and to put every thing on paper,or more probable to pdf ;)

Take Care and have a succesfull summer!

Gord

vvujisic

vvujisic - Aug 19, 2011 9:09 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Great job!

Great! One day you'll become a living legend of Dinaric Alps :)
Enjoy in Summer! Vlado

ojo - Oct 7, 2011 7:18 am - Voted 10/10

Amazing page...

.. such a lot of work! It may be my browser but the link "I also wrote (Link to SRB-CG-BIH-SLO-HR-MAK Team) about transversal hiking route ".. doesn't work for me. I was interested to read more... ¡saludos! jjane.

Viewing: 1-20 of 23
12
Return to 'Via Dinarica' main page