Via Ferrata Laurenzi

Via Ferrata Laurenzi

Page Type Page Type: Route
Additional Information Route Type: Fixed rope route
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Difficult
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Starting point: Tierser Alpl Hut 2441m

The Tierser Alpl hut can be reached in approx. 2 hours from the Seiseralm mountain station with the panoramic cable car
or by taxi (Landrover) Tel. 0462-61241 in 30 min. over the road closed off to traffic from Campitello di Fassa.

Route Description


Height gain: Tierser Alpl - Inner Molignon: 411m
Height loss: Inner Molignon - Antermoia Hut 355m,
Antermoia - Duron Valley - Campitello di Fassa: 1100m

Walking time:
Tierser Alpl Hut - Access to rope route approx. 45min.
Access - Inner Molignon approx. 1.45 hours
Inner Molignon - Antermoia Hut approx. 45 min.
Antermoia Hut - Campitello di Fasse: approx. 2.30 hours
Total walking time: approx. 5.45 hours
Fixed rope route: approx. 2 hours
Route description:
From the Tierseralpl hut over trail 554 southward towards the Molignon Pass. Shortly before the Molignon Pass, turn NW at the signpost to the Laurenzi footpath. After a short climb you will reach the access to the fixed rope route after about 45 min. Following the cables, you will reach the ridge of the Outer Molignon. From here on, the terrain changes with secured rock steps and exposed ridges to be climbed over. Halfway there is a vertical descent in a narrow gorge with smooth rocks and very few steps: not for beginners.
Then you will go down a gulley with a handles and then over a slope to the ridge peak of the Central Molignon. The trail continues over the partially secured connecting trail to the peak of the Inner Molignon. The color markings and milestones will guide you along the descent into the Antermoia Valley. The end of the trail is marked by an almost vertical stone wall.30m of smooth rock are to be climbed over with aid of a tight cable to reach the access to the Laurenzi fixed rope route.
The following steep screep leads to the slide that will take you to the flat path of the Antermoia Valley.
At the homonymous lake and after a 3.15-hour walk you will have reached the Antermoia hut.
The "Via Laurenzi" leads through a unique mountain landscape and offers marvelous sights of the surrounding Dolomite peaks. This climb is recommended only with perfectly fair weather and take a rope along with you to secure yourself when crossing the exposed ridge. Hooks are available along the way. Along the opposite direction the Laurenzi footpath is even more difficult; crossing the wall is still a real challenge for any mountain climber.

Essential Gear


Normal Via Ferrata gear: Helmet, Climbing harness with Via Ferrata kit, gloves.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.