Via Fujiyosida ( north side of Fuji-san)

Via Fujiyosida ( north side of Fuji-san)

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 35.43330°N / 138.71671°E
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jan 1, 1978
31 Dec : Railroad station of Shinjuku - > railroad station of Fujiyosida -> the Sengen Main Shrine -> Sato-Hut in 5th-Station At 08:00 a.m., I arrived to the railroad station of Fujiyosida in Yamanasi Prefecture via Shinjuku in Tokyo. The day, it become cloudy and snow flickerd sometimes. It was 30 minutes from Fujiyosida-Station to Sengen Main Shrine by warking. The shrine is surrounded by the deep forest and has a solemn atmosphere. I walked for 2 hours at the flat road from Sengen Main Shrine to the beginning of the path leading up to the summit. The name of the beginning of the path is "Umagaeshi". It is meas that a horse retraced. It was 4 hours from the beginning of the path to Sato-Hut which is upper side of 5th-Station. Sea level of the hut is about 2400 m and was covered with snow. Every year, at night of the last day of the year, a dinner party is opened. I slept immediately after I had a meal in the dinner party. 01 Jan : Sato-Hut in 5th-Station - > Summit of Fuji-san -> Sato-Hut in 5th-Station - > railroad station of Fujiyosidan -> railroad station of Shinjuku I woke up at 00:00 a.m., cooked my own meals and had the meal, left at 01:00 a.m. The day, it was fine weather. The upper part of the mountain which exceeds 3000 m was frozen up, and fanned by the sudden blast of wind in sometimes. I thought that the pickel and the crampons were reliable. It was 5 hours from the hut to Sengen Back Shrine. The shrine is opposite to the crater which has a summit. I took a rest at the shrine and saw the sunrise. Then, I walked for nearly 1 hour to the summit ( Sword Peak 3776m). After that, I walked down to Fujiyosida-Station and took a train in the evening.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Kenzo Okawa

Kenzo Okawa - Nov 30, 2010 1:08 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Hello Kenzo!

Thanks for your visit and congratulations for your ascend to the Fuji-san!

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Fuji-sanTrip Reports