Via Gabri Camilla

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.98456°N / 10.92178°E
Additional Information Route Type: Sport Climbing
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.10c (YDS)
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 9
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The Zebra Slabs offer over 20 routes from UIAA 4 to UIAA 8. Most routes are mostly slab climbing, interupted by short bulges and cracks. Via Gabri Camilla with a length of 350 m in 9 pitches belongs to one of the moderate climbs in the area.

Getting There

From Arco one drives north in the Sarca Valley. After the village of Dro there is on the right hand side the bar named Parete Zebrata. Hier there is place to park a few cars. Have the the courtesy to visit the bar after the climb, if nothing else than to quench one's appreciable thirst!

A new park place exists 100 meters further and on the left, but one has to pay to park there.

The Placche Zebrate is reached by trail in about 15 to 20 minutes.

Route Description

If climbed free, the difficulty is UIAA 7-, otherwise it is classed as UIAA 4c, A2. The crux in the upper section is overcome with a pendulum swing move.

The descent to by a nicely laid out trail. It is, however, imperative that one knocks down no stones, so as not to endanger the climbers below.

Essential Gear

The route is well protected and only 10 quickdraws are needed for protection.

External Links



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.