Placche Zebrate

Placche Zebrate

Page Type Page Type: Route
Additional Information Route Type: Alpine climbing
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: 4 to 8 (Italian)
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


This is a must drive/bike location.

Drive north of Arco, past the village of Dro and park at either Bar Placche (on the left) or Pietramurata (on the right). The cliffs are on the left side of the road as driving north from Arco. Hike the obvious trail (2-3 of them lead to the cliff base) and watch the stonefall as you get in close.


Route Description


Placche Zebrate (The Zebra Slabs) feature 23 routes which are considered alpine to some and multipitch cragging to others. Either way, with a variety of long routes of varying difficulty, there is something for everyone.

Red Tape: Must pay a few euros to park at the lot which is a 15-20 minute walk from the base of the routes.

Essential Gear


2 x 60m ropes, helmet, and a full rack are needed here.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.