Vincent Gap

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 34.35860°N / 117.7636°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Park in the Vincent Gap parking area, which is about 50 miles from I-210 in La CaƱada and five miles west of Big Pines.

Route Description


Start at the wooden sign that says "Baden-Powell Trail - 4 Miles". The route is easy to follow, thanks to the signs along the way. You are going to navigate 41 switchbacks on your way to the summit. These are the most switchbacks of any trail in the San Gabriels. You will have gained 2,800 feet by the time you reach the top.

Essential Gear


Be sure to bring enough water.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.