Viewing: 1-20 of 37 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Oh heck, I know it will be a 4-star page from you, Dean. Your photos remind me of my trip to Pueblo Mountain a while back. I think I went by Warner Peak at one point. Nice one, I'll have to hit this one sometime.
Posted Jun 3, 2005 3:31 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks Brian. We had intended to do Pueblo but mother nature had other plans last weekend and while we were successful in picking up Beatys Butte, the Sheepshead Range HP, and Blue Mtn, we were treated to a thunder and lightning show all saturday night and into the morning. Dennis tried going up the road but was stopped by impassable mud thanks to the storm. We'll get it another time (dang, its a long drive)

Your comments are appreciated. I have to go back to do Drake, Gearhart, Yamsay, and a bunch of others down there anyway, might as well add Pueblo to that trip.
Posted Jun 3, 2005 3:56 pm

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Let me know when you do Yamsay. Been on my list for a couple years now!
Posted Jun 5, 2005 9:24 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

You are on for Yamsay. Bob Bolton also needs that one.

Dennis P. and I did several in eastern Oregon this weekend. It was even snowing on us on Pedro mountain. We had to work to find the right way to approach Pedro but I'll leave it at that.

We also got Lookout (below Prairie City) but had to waddle through 8 miles of snow to get it, Snow Mountain (a drive up) and Dennis got Ironside. He now has 68 of Oregon's 73 prominence peaks.
Posted Jun 5, 2005 9:56 pm

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Good page. There are a few line-breaks to take care of, but this is minor.
Posted Jun 3, 2005 3:47 pm

EastKingUntitled Comment

EastKing

Nice page!
Posted Jun 3, 2005 4:03 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you, I was just appreciating your Jennings page a few minutes ago as you keep putting up neat pages of eastern peaks.
Posted Jun 3, 2005 4:22 pm

Don NelsenUntitled Comment

Don Nelsen

Wow - I drove through this area back in '71 about the same time of year and it looks like it hasn't changed a bit!

Nice job, Dean.

dn
Posted Jun 3, 2005 4:21 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks Don. Since Dennis and I didn't get Pueblo, we will need to go back and pick Pueblo up. Bob B. needs Pueblo since it is one of Oregon's top fifty peaks. Dennis and I drove a ton of miles to pick up what we got last weekend. I really enjoy Oregon, such diversity and special areas.
Posted Jun 3, 2005 4:25 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Very cool!
Posted Jun 3, 2005 4:32 pm

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

I'm warnering you. Stop putting up these nice pages. Who do you think you are? Gangolf?
Posted Jun 3, 2005 5:09 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks for the warnering, it is appreciated. : )
Posted Jun 3, 2005 5:23 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

No it's not!
Posted Jun 5, 2005 3:20 am

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

I still think Gangolf's full name is an anagram. Don't you Dean?

Gangolf Haub?! Psshaw, whoever heard of such a name?

My name is an anagram for Eknelk Luap. Or is that the other way around. My schizophrenic personality is at odds with my bipolar personality.

Dean: Skamania Pinnacle --> done Saturday. Nice day. That constant sound of rockfall sounding like water was easily spotted by us just above the Cohp where the ridge is being undercut on the north side above the glacier. It was quite interesting, really. And Don Nelsen and I followed suit by trundling a few big boulders of our own. We'd watch as they careened end-over-end down the steep snow slope then launch 50-100 feet off into the air when they hit a rock out crop.

5 hours up via the Roper route on the west.
Posted Jun 6, 2005 12:51 am

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Nice post. I have a pal in Washington. I should freeload there and go hiking.

Posted Jun 3, 2005 5:19 pm

Lee StammUntitled Comment

Lee Stamm

Nice page. Always enjoy the "big empty" in SE Oregon.
Posted Jun 3, 2005 5:37 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks Lee, it is indeed the "Big Empty". Combining that portion of southern Oregon with some of northern Nevada is a huge area with not much in it but that of course, is only in reference to humans living there. There is a ton of stuff there and much to be explored. It kind of grows on you.
Posted Jun 3, 2005 5:50 pm

PawkalaUntitled Comment

Pawkala

Great Page.
Posted Jun 3, 2005 7:27 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

I always enjoy your pages.

AE
Posted Jun 4, 2005 8:01 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks Alan for the nice comment. Much appreciated.
Posted Jun 5, 2005 9:32 pm