Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 45.98630°N / 113.4596°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Mar 10, 2004
I live in Butte so I spend alot of time in the Pintlers. For Warren Peak you can come in from the south on trail 9 up to Warren lake and get up on the 9600ft ridge to the peak. It is very steep but good pic ops. Came across med. black bear just before the lake. There was a good 6-8ft of snow. That is not a normal route to take but it waws my first time on the west side of the Pintlars. I made alone but with much ado. I recently took Carpp Lake trail to upper Carpp. There is a small pond below the north face and from their you can see a coulair on the west side of the face and with crampons and an axe their is a sweet climb to the summit. I was there in mid August and had 3-4 inches of new snow and had a great time with my malamute, who made to the bottom of coulair. I will try to submit some pics soon.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Warren PeakTrip Reports