West Coast Trail, Pacific Rim National Park, B.C.

West Coast Trail, Pacific Rim National Park, B.C.

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking

A browsing selection of photos from our trip.

We hiked the trail from south to north during the summer of '02. We did the trail in 5 days. We all carried too much stuff, as we brought clothes for the usual forecast. It turned out to be record highs (in the 80's), and dry for the whole week, except the last night/day we were there. I'd recommend avoiding heat rash, and carring as light of a load as possible. We didn't to a few small side trips - we didn't do the spur trails to the lighthouses and flower gardens, but we still had a grand time.


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
yatsek

yatsek - Dec 14, 2008 5:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Really Interesting

Thanks for putting it on. This kind of trail doesn't seem to be common in North America. Reminds me of this
Cheers,
Jacek

Jeremy Hakes

Jeremy Hakes - Dec 15, 2008 10:03 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Really Interesting

My pleasure. Thanks for visiting the page and for the vote. There are some, but not many like it. Some aren't as happy with the trail as others, but we had a nice experience.

Bill Reed

Bill Reed - Jan 31, 2009 10:45 am - Voted 10/10

I would have to agree

about the trail being different. A very informative look at the nuts and bolts of the hike. I must admit that after seeing this vision of the WCT, I'm not so keen on doing it.
Thanks for sharing your photos of the experience and for taking the time to post it!!

Jeremy Hakes

Jeremy Hakes - Jan 31, 2009 11:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I would have to agree

My pleasure. Thanks for checking out the page. :)

rics - Nov 17, 2009 11:16 pm - Hasn't voted

West Coast Trail

I did the West Coast Trail (north-south) in September of '09.
there's a couple of negatives: (1) I paid $135 $US for the permit to walk the trail. (2)The actual trail is not maintained. there's lots of mud and the boardwalk has not been upgraded in at least a decade so it's slippery, broken. and almost non-functional.
The ladders, bridges and cable cars are well maintained.
The trip was exhausting. When you are not on the beach you need to watch your footing constantly or you will fall and that can be serious. (Broken legs...etc.)
However, I had a great time. I fell in with a great group, the weather was great (sun, sun, sun) and the views, trees, and beach camping were special. I've done a lot of "stuff" in New Zealand, Nepal, and Scotland and I would say that this experience, although strenuous, was as good as it gets.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.