Yésero

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.68086°N / 0.20041°W
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: P.D.inf.
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.1 (YDS)
Additional Information Grade: II
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Refugio de YéseroSmall hut

It's an interesting route with only a few of signals, a map is very useful.

Getting There

Yésero s trailTrailhead

Approach to Sabiñanigo by N-240 (west, from Pamplona across Jaca) or N-330 (south, from Huesca). In Sabiñanigo, C-136 to Biescas. In Biescas take direction to Gavín and Ordesa across N-260 to Yésero. The trailhead is a forest track with barrier 1,8 km after the crossroad of the village.

Route Description

TendeñeraSouth face.
Ramp S.W.Ramp S.W.
Puerto de YéseroPuerto de Yésero.
Ripera s colRipera's col

The trail of Yésero (1160 m) is found in a curve pronounced before the port of Cotefablo coming from Biescas (km-495). By trail we will be reached the samll free hut (1525 m, 5 places). The path will continue to the left by a grassy slope on the river to a new refuge (1840 m, 3 places, badly state) before reaching the meadow of the Port of Yésero. In this place disappear the cairns (signals with stones) and you can take several options :

A)- forward, to the bottom of Ripera (peak of left side of Tendeñera), elevating some 50 m to the right revolves to the left to catch a rocky drainpipe rotating later to the right for surpass the buttress in short climb (I). The direction toward the hillock will be sought between Ripera and Tendeñera until reaching a ramp toward the hillock. It's a route bad indicated that I have not found more than in some book and T didn't locate on the terrain (F.sup.).

B)- continuing for the right, in direction to the hillock next to the peak Nabariecho, we will be abandoned to go toward the N. in an evident grassy step. After some easy ascent (I) another buttress is surpassed to reach a karstic labyrinth in which various cairns will carry us to a ramp next to a short chimney (II, 6 m). It's important a lot of attention to the cairn to locate it in the descent. We will reached Col of Ripera. It's a route indicated but more difficult technically (P.D.inf.).

Since the Col of Ripera (2710 m) some plans of path goes to the right by hardly slope (30º with snow), a few of meters under the edge, requiring some low ascent (I) in very decomposed rock. We will reach the main top without need to continue the sharp edge that possess the routes from the East.

Essential Gear

Ramp S.W.Ramp S.W.
Rocky summitRocky summit.

Map, compass, good boots.
Early on the season (spring) are necessary crampons and ice-axe when the snow cover the access from col of Ripera.

External Links

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Diego Sahagún

Diego Sahagún - Mar 30, 2009 8:42 am - Hasn't voted

¿Corrección?

En tu página dices: "the trailhead is a forest track with barrier 100 meters after the village". Si la ruta que propones es la que va por el Río Sia (o de los Mallos) y el Barranco del Puerto, es inicio de la ruta estaría a unos 2 Km de Yésero en dirección a Linás de Broto.

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - Mar 30, 2009 2:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: ¿Corrección?

tienes razón, en realidad quería haber puesto 1800metros, y además es del cruce del pueblo porque en realidad al pueblo es algo más. Me ha saltado un numerito, lo voy a corregir como 1,8km pa evitar problemas. muchas gracias por la corrección

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.