Zavratnica

Zavratnica

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Panorama, Water

Zavratnica overview

Zavratnica is probably one of the most beautiful bay of the Velebit coast and Adriatic Sea. It is only 1 km away and about 15 minutes walk along the coast from Jablanac village. The bay is 900 m long and between 50 and 150 m wide with a 100 meters high canyon. In this bay there are the remains of a sunken German warship, a real tourist attraction and interesting place for numerous divers that come here in the summer. Because of its beauty Zavratnica has been designated a protected landscape.



Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
lcarreau

lcarreau - Nov 5, 2008 11:30 am - Voted 10/10

Interesting ...

I can see why ships were drawn to this bay. When you say "protected," what I you specifically referring to??

Can the boats still enter the bay, or is it just open to sight-seers and divers? I love how the "shining white" colour of
the limestone contrasts with the clarity of the still water.

Thanks for sharing these fine photographs with us!

Larry

Branko

Branko - Nov 6, 2008 4:13 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Interesting ...

Hi Larry...well, this bay is a part of Velebit Nature Park and in this respect some activities are not allowed (i.e. camping, climbing, making open fire, throwing garbage...), while the boats can enter the bay without any problem.

Brgds, Branko.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

SatorinaAlbums