Zerbion from Promiod

Zerbion from Promiod

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.78970°N / 7.66460°E
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: walk up-ski mountaneering
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Motorway Torino-Aosta, exit Chatillon; follow the indication Cervinia; after 7,5 kilometers there is the village of Antey St. Andrey; turn right for La Magdlaine-Promiod, and after a while follow Promiod; park the car in the small parking.. Promiod is a nice village, and 100 meters before there is a camping.

Zerbion Mont photo_id=139287

The last part of the ridge to the top

Route Description

In Promiod starts a non asphalted road, built to serve the summer farms, goes to the Portola Pass.. Follow this road for a few hundreds meters, and after a long straight way, follow the sign Zerbion on your right; the left brings also to this summit, but trought the Portola Pass, longer; in case you can follow this way to come back.
The path on your right cross a small river, and enter in a forest of pick pines and pines, alternate by wide pastures.
Follow the path till the end of the bush, along a ridge very wide at the beginning, but more and more thin close to the summit.
Behind you all the most important mountains of the Aosta Valley: Emilius, Grivola, Gran Paradiso, Monte Bianco.
And when you reach the top, the Monte Rosa Gruop.

Essential Gear




Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.