Zion Narrows

Zion Narrows

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Canyoneering

Add Your Best Zion Narrows Photos



The Zion Narrows is a sixteen-mile hike through the North Fork of the Virgin River, starting on the east side of the park at Chamberlains Ranch and ending at the Temple of Sinawava in Zion Canyon. It is one of the most popular routes in the National Park System. The canyon walls are over 2000 feet high and quite narrow at the start of the trail and then the walls spread near the bottom of the route, where the colors on the walls become brilliant. The hike is often done as an overnight backpack but it can be also done as a long day hike. There are several tributaries entering the canyon including the popular, Orderville Canyon.



Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Jan 20, 2008 9:29 pm - Voted 10/10

Scott's album?

Can this be somehow linked to Scott's Narrows album?

tanya

tanya - Jan 20, 2008 10:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Scott's album?

I will look. I looked on the ZNP page and did not see another one or I missed it?

I found it, but its different than just the Zion Narrows and it's dated for all photos taken in July 2007. It has Pine Creek, Subway and Zion Narrows all together. Should I still link it, but then should link Subway and Pine Creek stuff too?

http://www.summitpost.org/album/323872/zion-national-park-july-2007-pine-creek-narrows-and-subway-.html

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Jan 20, 2008 10:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Scott's album?

Oops, my bad.

RSBARNES

RSBARNES - Nov 11, 2008 1:43 am - Hasn't voted

Awesome Photos.

This hike is one of my favorites in the canyon. Many times completed always great.

alpinedon

alpinedon - Jun 29, 2012 2:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Ugh

I must have gone at the wrong time, there were well over a thousand people in the canyon the day I did it, making for a very, very unpleasant experience. Quite beautiful, of course, but the hordes of people detracted from the beauty and by the end of the hike I just wanted to get the hell out of there. If I ever do this one again, I am going to go when it is quieter, if there ever is such a time...

Viewing: 1-5 of 5