Arrèmoulit

Page Type Page Type: Hut/Campground
Location Lat/Lon: 42.84700°N / 0.32791°W
Additional Information Elevation: 7562 ft / 2305 m

Overview

Refuge Arrèmoulit
Refuge Arrèmoulit

The small refuge of Arrèmoulit is located in an idillic place near of the great peak Pallas and the beautiful lakes of Arrèmoulit, Artouste and Arrious. It's a perfect trailhead for the climb of Pallas, Arriel, and even Balaitous. Other mountains of interest: Pic de la Soba, Soques.

News 2011: change of gardien. You must consult the web (below) with the news.

-Propietary: CAF de Pau, tel. 0559277181
-Reservation: Pierre-Jean Pradalier, Tel: 0559920620, 0559053179.
-Open: june to september (with reservation from Holy-week, out of the season you must to contact with CAF of Pau)
-Places: 29
-Beds: two little dormitories with berths.
-W.C.: out of the refuge.
-Service: having supper and breakfast.

This refuge does not have many comforts and it's small but it's located in a perfect and marvelous place to climb great mountains.

web: http://refuge-arremoulit.blogspot.com/

Approach

Pallas

Time: 3h 30min.
Slope: 900m.

You'll walk in east direction following the HRP (Haute Route of Pyrenees) in the ravine of Arrious with a good path. You'll pass the Cabane d'Arrious and you'll reach the Col d'Arrious (2259m, 2h30min). In the col you'll follow the signal to right side and you'll leave the nice lake of Arrious in left side (south) to cross the nice and spectacular Passage d'Orteig in the north wall of the peak of lake d'Arrious (2495m). The pass is a little stepcrossing of 1 or 2 meters wide equiped with a metallic rope in right side (grade I+) very easy. With snow and ice I think is a very dangerous walk. The view of Lake of Artouste in north side is nice. In winter is advisable the descent with precaution to lake and don't walk the passage (30 minutes more). At the exit of the pass (2370 meters) the view of Pallas and Balaitous is wondefull over the lake of Arremoulit. You'll must to descent now to the refuge d'Arremoulit (2280m, 3h30min).

To see some images of the route you must to consult the route of Geodesics ridge

External Links

Refuge d'Arrèmoulit information of refuge of CAF.
HRP-StagePombie-Arrèmoulit with map and some pictures.
madteam-Arrèmoulit text in spanish but very good pictures.
lac et refuge d'Arrèmoulit interesting pictures.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
visentin

visentin - Apr 16, 2011 3:26 pm - Hasn't voted

Arrémoulit blog

http://refuge-arremoulit.blogspot.com/

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - May 3, 2011 1:58 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Arrémoulit blog

thanks for the link I injured my left elbow and it's difficult to me to write with only a hand. The outline of the Sesques will delay a little more but little by little I will finish it.

visentin

visentin - May 3, 2011 5:58 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Arrémoulit blog

I wish you a good recovering ! Where did the accident happen ?

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - May 4, 2011 10:06 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Arrémoulit blog

thanks it was descending Picos de Marcadau to Balneario de Panticosa bordering lakes of Bachimaña (in the path GR-11)

Viewing: 1-4 of 4


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Pyrénées: BéarnHuts & Campgrounds
 
Pirineos: TenaHuts & Campgrounds
 
BalaitousHuts & Campgrounds
 
PallasHuts & Campgrounds
 
ArrielHuts & Campgrounds