Berry Mountain Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.52730°N / 76.9316°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


To get to the Berry Mountain Trailhead, from the south: drive north on Route 147 until you get to a mini-plaza where you'll find a road branching to the right to go into the parking lot. It's on your right when approaching from the south. Take this road south. At the first stop sign continue straight and go all the way up the hill past the school. At the school the road curves left and you should take the first right. follow this road as it starts to wind up the mountain. The dirt road will head east up the mountain and it will end after about a mile. This is the trailhead. From the north head south on 147 until you get to the mini-plaza on the left and follow the above directions.



Route Description


The Berry Mountain Trail is easily accessable and can be an enjoyable hike for the whole family. The trail is about five miles long and can be done in about 3 hours at a steady paced walk. The trail is along an old four wheeler road and the footing is very easy for all ages. There are some steep sections from the west side that might proove strenuous for children, but other than that it's a beautiful day in the woods of Pennsylvania.

Essential Gear


The mountain is a nice place for a packed lung but other than that, just some food, a camera, and comfortable shoes.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.