Campanile Runggaldier

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.50980°N / 11.82920°E
Additional Information Route Type: Rock climb
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: III+ IV-
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


This way will get you to the top of a great tower within the Boe' group.

From Colfosco take the Val de Mezdi'
Follow it until you reach a kind of a plateau (where the valley becomes larger). It is before the start of the path towards the F. Cavazza hut.
At this point you will see the Campanile on your left.

Route Description


You will see a big ramp going up on the face of the Campanile.

Remount the base of the Campanile, until you reach the beginning of the face.
Take the ramp and follow it until you reach the ridge (if I remember well it should be about 4/5 lengths of rope of about III/IV-)

At this point you are on the ridge, follow it until you reach the top. (I remember about 2/3 lengths of rope)

To descent go down on the face opposite to the one where you climbed up. Rappel down until you reach the base of the Campanile. Then take a small walking path that will bring you around the mountain, back to the Val de Mezdi' path. Go down Val de Mezdi' until you reach Colfosco.

Essential Gear


Normal climbing equipment. When I did it there were pitons on the way.
Anyway....hammer/pitos are always needed to get out of unpredictable problems....

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.