Canyons of Red Rocks, Nevada

Canyons of Red Rocks, Nevada

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Bouldering, Hiking, Wildlife, Flora, Informational, Scenery, Panorama, Water, Canyoneering

Southern Nevada's Red Rock Canyons

The purpose of this album is to show the unique beauty and diversity of the sandstone Canyons of Red Rocks, Nevada. Do not be confused by the official name Red Rock Canyon Conservation Area. There is a lot more canyons than what the name suggests ;) Most of the canyons have seasonal flowing water and natural pools and therefore are teaming with animal and plant life even large Ponderosa Pine trees. It is a completely different world in there compared to the rest of the arid Mojave Desert.









Most of my journeys through them involve bagging a peak, but the canyons are nice destinations in themselves if you like rock scrambling, lots of boulder hopping, animals, peace, quiet and beauty.
Enjoy…

External Links

Here are some links to my slideshows:

To Terrace Canyon in Spring 2006

To Terrace Canyon in Spring 2007

To Terrace Canyon in Autumn 2006

Fern Canyon in Spring 2007

First Creek Canyon in Spring 2007

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-12 of 12
lisae

lisae - Jun 15, 2008 12:35 am - Voted 10/10

Nice Album!

I especially liked the two pictures of Fern Canyon, one taken in spring and one taken in autumn. We're going to Red Rocks over Thanksgivng (my sister recently bought a house in Vegas). I'm excited to be going, but realized it will have a different feel to me -I've been Red Rocks 3x, but always in the spring.

Anya Jingle

Anya Jingle - Jun 15, 2008 2:29 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice Album!

Thank you Lisa. I really like those two pictures as well even though they are definitely not popular on SP ;). They remind me that autumn will be lovely in Red Rocks when I feel sorry that the springtime is over. Enjoy your trip!

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Jun 15, 2008 7:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Beautiful Album

Nice job Anya.

Augie

Anya Jingle

Anya Jingle - Jun 15, 2008 11:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Beautiful Album

Augie, thank you for visiting. I'm happy to share some of my most favorite places.

lcarreau

lcarreau - Jun 16, 2008 6:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Awesome and inspiring..

I love the way you arranged the photos on top of the page.
I need to try that with mine. You must have a really fast
computer, and I already know you choose to stay up late.
(But, what do you do in the summer? Eat lots of ice cream?)
:))

Anya Jingle

Anya Jingle - Jun 16, 2008 7:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome and inspiring..

Thank you Larry. I have many more photos to post. I thought the small thumbnails would add a nice touch to the page. They are pretty quick to arrange by using the "insert image" button.

No ice cream for me, but I do love homemade smoothies by my own recipes. Here's one: a cup of 100% orange juice, a cup of 100% pineapple juice, a cup of unsweetened coconut juice (optional), a cup of organic vanilla soy yogurt, frozen blueberries, strawberries (frozen or fresh), frozen banana, frozen peaches. Mix it all in a blender and enjoy. Tastes better than ice-cream ;) Sometimes I use frozen raspberries instead of blueberries just for a change of flavor.
It may not be mountain related comment response, but it sure tastes great after an all day in the warm weather. Cheers.

lcarreau

lcarreau - Jun 16, 2008 8:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Awesome and inspiring..

It's definitely mountain-related! A person needs to take care
of their body to climb mountains, including adjusting their
eating habits at home. It sounds so delicious! Thanks, Anya.:)

Are you sure you don't own stock in a large health food store?
Trader Joe's, maybe?? ~kidding~ :))

BigJordan

BigJordan - Jun 28, 2008 3:43 am - Voted 10/10

Wow

I really enjoyed this album. I was there not too long ago and just had a day to check it out. Makes me want to get back there and explore Red Rocks in more depth. Awesome, awesome, album. thanks for sharing.

Anya Jingle

Anya Jingle - Jun 28, 2008 4:05 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Wow

Thank you very much. I got a bit carried away with the amount of photos in the album, but I just love the place.
Thanks for the visit.

jwill

jwill - Jul 14, 2008 11:13 am - Hasn't voted

enjoyed your gallery

Enjoyed looking at your photos. You have some great close ups and a very good eye. Sounds like patience pays off.

Anya Jingle

Anya Jingle - Jul 18, 2008 3:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: enjoyed your gallery

Thank you for your visit. I'm glad you had a good time in Red Rocks as seen through my eyes. Cheers!

RayMondo

RayMondo - Nov 8, 2009 6:24 am - Voted 10/10

Quality Images

Now you got me thinking to add canyoneering to my next trip. I'd better stay for 3 months now!

Viewing: 1-12 of 12