CIBRARIO hut

Page Type Page Type: Hut/Campground
Location Lat/Lon: 45.24689°N / 7.14712°E
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 8583 ft / 2616 m

Description

The Luigi CIBRARIO at Peraciaval hut is one of the main hut of Valli di Lanzo. It is build in the basin called pian del Sabiunin, just in front of the mount Lera.

CIBRARIO hut
 CIBRARIO hut


The hut has 30 beds, restaurant service, toilets and showers, open with a keeper from 21/06 to 15/09 and other 12 beds in the winter hut always open.
The hut hasn’t an own keeper, during the opening season many free voluntary of the Italian Alpine Club (CAI) section of Leini alternate themselves with weekly shifts, always with an high quality level and always with a different menu of the house-cooks!
Owner: Italian Alpine Club (CAI) section of Turin – via Barbaroux n°1, 10122 Turin, Italy.
Keeper: Italian Alpine Club (CAI) section of Leyni
Refuge Contacts:
Opening period: phone +39 0123 83737
Contacts rest of the year: phone +39 011 9988830 (Mr. Giuseppe Reolfi)
e-mail: rifugiocibrario@caileini.it

Visit www.caileini.it
Web cam: Cibrario webcam Cibrario webcam

Getting there

From Turin motorway A55 exit Venaria Reale follow indications for Lanzo Torinese (SP1) and go on through Germagnano than turn left on SP32, you enter in Val di Viù and continue passing Viù, Lemie and reach Usseglio (55 km from Turin).

Access from Usseglio

Diff. E, 3.00 h, 1076 m.
With the car pass Usseglio, and after the Villaretto village, just before the restaurant "la Furnasa" turn right on a on a steep, narrow dirt road, proceed for some km, entering in the Arnas valley, pass the small “S. Anna” chapel and reach a typical stone made house called “alpe Barnàs”, this is the starting point of the path, where there is a small car park, signpoint for "Rif. Cibrario", and indications (red painted signpoints and pyramid of stones).
Cross on a bridge the small river "Rio Peraciaval” and start the ascent on the opposite side of the valley, reach the tracks of an old small railway that cut the mountain slopes.
This small railway “decauville” called “tracioulin” was built for the transport of construction materials during the construction of the dams present on the three main lakes of the valley: Malciaussia lake, Dietro la Torre lake and lago della Rossa lake.
Continue on the right on the railway tracks for a few hundred meters, than turn left and start a steep section (200 mt), here the trail joins up with the one from Margone. Proceed on the path around the foothills of the “Lera prisons“ and reach the bridge close to the river "Rio Peraciaval” waterfall.
Ascending to ref. Cibrario
 Ascending to ref. Cibrario

Continue on the the left of the river (hydrographic) and continue on a sequence of turning, overcome some steep rocks, where if the season is not too dry you can find a good water source spilling directly from the rocks “fontan-a dël ciorgnét”, and reach the basin called “Pian del Sabiunin” where there is the hut.

Access from Margone

Diff. E, 3.30 h, 1202 m.
With the car pass Usseglio, some small village and reach Margone, where you can find car park, and a small bar/restaurant, this is the starting point of the path to Cibrario hut.
Let the bar on the left, here is a visible signpoint for "Rif. Cibrario", pass between the few houses and proceed on grassy slopes, follow the indications (red painted signpoints and pyramid of stones). Pass the rest of old stone made houses called “alpe Trapette” (1700 m), turn right and go on reaching the tracks of an old small railway that cut the mountain slopes.
Pass the railway and go straight to “Mont Bassa” (1 hour). Go on along the path turning on the left and entering in the Arnas valley proceed inside some small tree and bushes with a low ascent, just before join the trail from Usseglio if the season is not too dry you pass the Lera fountain, here you are more or less at the middle of the route. From here proceed as par the access from Usseglio.

History

The first hut was build in 1890, inaugurated in June 1891 and dedicated to Luigi Cibrario.

CIBRARIO hut
 CIBRARIO hut


Luigi, Count Cibrario (1802–1870) was an Italian statesman and historian, he was Born in Usseglio and descended from a noble but impoverished Piedmontese family, he was also an alpinist and president of the Turin section of the CAI, this hut was built for his initiative and now bears his name.
The original structure, only 15 sq m, was subject of numerous rebuilding, enhancements and technical improvements by the Italian Alpine Club (CAI) section of Turin and from 1976 by the Italian Alpine Club section of Leini.

Base for

The ascents to:
Croce rossa (3560 m), Lera (3355 m),
Punta Sulè (3384 m),
Punta Maria
(3315 m), Punta d’Arnas (3560 m).
The excursions to: Rifugio Gastaldi (2659 m), Refuge d’Avérole (2210 m) FRANCE, Lago della Rossa (2697 m).

Mountain Conditions

You can get whether forecast at this site:
www.nimbus.it
www.regione.piemonte.it official site of the Regione Piemonte
www.meteofrance.fr

Books

- G. Berruto, L. Fornelli " Guida dei Monti d'Italia - Alpi Graie Meridionali" Club Alpino Italiano/Touring Club Italiano (1980). (Italian)
google books - Guida dei Monti d'Italia - Alpi Graie Meridionali

- G. Berruto - IL RIFUGIO LUIGI CIBRARIO E LA CONCA DI PERACIAVAL - Club Alpino Italiano Sezione di Leyni (1976)
IL RIFUGIO LUIGI CIBRARIO E LA CONCA DI PERACIAVAL
G. Berruto - Club Alpino Italiano Sezione di Leyni (1976)

MAPS
- IGC- Istituto Geografico Centrale
N° 103, 1:25.000 - Rocciamelone Uja Di Ciamarella Le Levanne

ASF- Alpi senza frontiere / Alps without frontiers (IGN Institute Geographique National)
N° 13, 1:25.000 - Mont-Cenis Ciamarella

- IGC- Istituto Geografico Centrale
N° 2, 1:50.000 - Valli di Lanzo e Moncenisio

"Andoma al Peraciaval"

I'm pleased to spread with SP members "Andoma al Peraciaval", a very nice Piedmontese dialect poem written by Doro Buttera in 1973.
Doro Buttera is one of the hut voluntary keepers (Italian Alpine Club - section of Leini), but mainly a dear friend of all those who has been in the hut.

Andoma al Peraciaval
"Andoma al Peraciaval" by Doro Buttera (1973)
Andoma al Peraciaval
"Andoma al Peraciaval" by Doro Buttera (1973)



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Graie AlpsHuts & Campgrounds
 
Croce RossaHuts & Campgrounds
 
Punta MariaHuts & Campgrounds