From Piargova Valley

From Piargova Valley

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 49.12300°N / 20.03200°E
Additional Information Route Type: easy rock climbing
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: UIAA 0+
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach



Legally:
From Podbanské - Tri Studnicky (you can get here by bus from Stary Smokovec) take the blue-marked trail leading on Vyšne Koprové Sedlo and after about 2 h 30 min turn left on the green-marked trail leading on Zavory. Follow this trail only 15 min and on trails’ bifurcation turn right and choose the red-marked trail and follow it to the end to Nižné Temnosmrecinské Pleso in Temnosmrecinská (Ciemnosmreczynska)Valley. Next go still in the same direction through a not very high step of valley and soon you reach Vyšné Temnosmrecinské Pleso in Piargova Valley.
This way is very long and not very popular (about 3 h 30 min).

Illegaly:
From Morskie Oko (how to get to Morskie Oko see the main page of Cubryna) take the yellow marked trial to Dolina za Mnichem and next follow red marks on Wrota Chalubinskiego - about 50m. On your left hand you’ll see a good treaded, narrow path leading to the upper part of Dolina za Mnichem.

Follow this path to a terrace (Mnichowe Plecy) from which grows a characteristic cone of Mnich, well seen during almost the whole rout. When you have Mnich exactly on your left hand, turn right and follow after cairns to a big, scree terrace at the foot of Cubryna – Zadnia Galeria Cubrynska. Now, you should see in the west direction a slim crag of Zadni Mnich. Climb up on the narrow pass, which is to the left (south-west) from Zadni Mnich – Pod Zadnim Mnichem Pass. Cross over the pass and climb down by scree-grassy chute on the bottom of Piargova Valley.

Variant through Wrota Chalubinskiego: From Morskie Oko (how to get to Morskie Oko see the main page of Cubryna) take the yellow marked trial to Dolina za Mnichem and next follow red marks on Wrota Chalubinskiego. Cross the pass and climb down on the bottom of Piargova Valley.
This way is very popular, especially in low season, when no one guard the border :) (about 1 h 40 min)

Route Description



From the bottom of Piargova Valley climb up by scree in the north-east direction, alongside the south-west wall of Cubryna to a mouth of couloir run from Cubrinská Štrbina (Cubrynska Pass) – little pass in the south ridge of Cubryna. Climb up this couloir (in the summer there is often an old snow on the bottom) (about 1 h).

On the pass turn left (north-east) and follow the scree-grassy ridge and finally through a big rocky blocks on the summit (about 15 min).


Essential Gear



in summer: normal hiking gear. When there is a snow in a couloir going on Cubrinska Pass crampons or axe is useful.
in winter: crampons, ice axe

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.