Right Abgarowicz

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 49.12300°N / 20.03200°E
Additional Information Route Type: easy rock climbing
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: UIAA I
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The usually start point for this trip is Morskie Oko Hut (1406). How to get to Morskie Oko see the main page of Cubryna.

Route Description



This rout is the one of the easiest way on The Cubryna and the most safe in winter. Remember, that it is non-marked rout and if you are not a member of a climbing club, you need a authorized Tatra guide (see red tape on the main page). In winter you can’t go “legally” this rout without guide too, but no one ask you about permission.

Time:
Morskie Oko – Dolina za Mnichem 1 h 15 min walk up
Dolina za Mnichem – Zadnia Galeria Cubryñska 1 h 05 min UIAA 0+
Zadnia Galeria Cubryñska – Cubryna 1h 30 min UIAA I
Total time about 3 h 50 min

From Morskie Oko take the yellow marked trial to Dolina za Mnichem and next follow red marks on Wrota Chalubinskiego - about 50m. On your left hand you’ll see a good treaded, narrow path leading to the upper part of Dolina za Mnichem.

Follow this path to a terrace (Mnichowe Plecy) from which grows a characteristic cone of Mnich, well seen during almost the whole rout. When you have Mnich exactly on your left hand, turn right and follow after cairns to a big, scree terrace at the foot of Cubryna – Zadnia Galeria Cubrynska. Now, in front of you presents the north-west wall of Cubryna with a characteristic chute going obliquely from scree to up and right on the west ridge of Cubryna.

Follow this chute on the ridge. Here turn left (south-east) and follow the ridge through a few crags to the summit.

Essential Gear



in summer: normal hiking gear
in winter: crampons, ice axe, for not good climbers rope, a few ice screws and loops


Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.