Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 40.32617°N / 105.67967°W
Additional Information County: Larimer
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 11078 ft / 3377 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Zoomed into Joe Mills Mtn from Mt WuhZoomed into Joe Mills Mtn from Mt Wuh.

Joe Mills Mountain is a small peak that resides 1.5 miles northwest of popular Bear Lake in Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado. Like the majority of the peaks in RMNP, no trails reach the summit.

Joe Mills Mountain is ranked 98 out of 126 on Mountain Jim's Summits of Rocky Mountain National Park List. It is the 72nd tallest peak on Gerry Roach's Rocky Mountain National Park Summits List. Joe Mills Mountain has 458 feet of prominence above the saddle with its parent peak, Hallett Peak.

The summit provides an incredibly impressive view of Stones Peak, The Gable, Odessa Lake, Little Matterhorn, Notchtop Mountain, and Ptarmigan Pass.

Getting There

The easiest approach to Joe Mills Mountain involves starting at the Bear Lake Trailhead.

Red Tape

Joe Mills Mountain is within Rocky Mountain National Park. Daily as well as annual passes are available.

Camping

Several campgrounds are available in the Park, some of which allow reservations. Backcountry camping is allowed in the Park in pre-defined backcountry campsites. Reservations are recommended, as some backcountry sites become reserved for the entire summer by March.

Seasons

Joe Mills Mountain can be ascended in all seasons.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.