Le Clou

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.55250°N / 6.94680°E
Additional Information Route Type: Off-piste ski route
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Easy ski-descent
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Sainte Foy Tarentaise take the road to the ski resort (Bon Conseil, park).
Take the chair lifts of Grand Plan, Arpettaz and de l'Aiguille : you reach the crest near the Col de l'Aiguille between the Rocks of Pierre d'Arbine and Pointe de Foglietta.


Route Description


Follow the ski trail to the Col de l'Aiguille (2552 m).
Take left and descent the beautiful comb to the Lac du Clou (frozen) and the the alpine pasture Le Clou situated in a delightful landscape.
On the right, you have to go back up on 50 m.
Ski tfirst on easy slopes, then through the forest to the listed village of Le Monal with spectacular views across to the glaciers on Mont Pourri.
Lower, follow the snow covered road to the bridge of Les Pigettes.

From here, you must return to Bon Conseil by taxi : call GĂ©rard Arnaud
on +33 4 79 41 05 73, or +33 6 07 38 24 09, or Ortiz on +33 4 79 06 93 57 or +33 6 14 46

Time of the descent Col de l'Aiguille - Les Pigettes : 1,5 hours (1200 m descent)


Essential Gear


Free ride ski recommended.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.