Lower Titus Traverse

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.83630°N / 114.7113°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike/Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class II
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


To access the Lower Titus Traverse Route drive roughly 35 miles north of Ketchum, Idaho on Highway 75 until reaching Galena Summit at 8,701'. Just past the crest of the summit is a small parking area on the south side of the highway. Park here for this route.

Route Description


Route Stats
  • Total Mileage:4.2
  • Total Elevation Gain:2,500'
  • Class:II

    From the Galena Summit pullout, look for a well defined trail that climbs the ridge to the south of the pass. The trail is in good condition until reaching Pt. 9,636. At this point, the trail begins to fade as it heads southward.

    Continue over Pt. 9,921 and then onto Lower Titus Peak. Turn southeastward and continue to follow the main crest of the Smoky Mountains toward Titus Peak. The last few vertical feet requires some maneuvering around rocky terrain, though no class III climbing should be neccesary.

    Essential Gear


    If ascending in summer months, no special gear is required, other than extra water.

    If traversing in the winter months, be sure to bring all neccesary avalanche equipment.

    Miscellaneous Info


    If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
  • Parents 

    Parents

    Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.