Viewing: 1-16 of 16
Rob

Rob - Oct 1, 2004 7:50 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Interesting page. It's hard to believe there are peaks as stunning as Mianzimu that are unclimbed.

Corax

Corax - Oct 1, 2004 8:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote.



If it wasn't for the mountain's holy status, I'm sure it would be very high on many climber's lists of peaks they really wanted to climb.



As with most of the other holy peaks (Macchapuchre, Mt Kailas etc), I have heard rumours that it has been climbed. I have not been able to dig up any substantial info though.

Nelson

Nelson - Oct 1, 2004 9:33 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Wow, great and fascinating page of a unique area. You are lucky to have visited the mountains there. Now my appitite is whetted! My wife I did spend about about a week Yunnan, near Dali, in 1988. Mostly we were bicycling around the small villages, little changed by time, but also did a day hike in the foothills to the west. Stunning landscape, great memories. Thanks.

Corax

Corax - Oct 1, 2004 9:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks!



It is a very nice area, one of my favorites.

Very little have changed there over the years and the small villages are still facinating. In some of them the people still dress in the old "Mao-uniforms" and the time seems to have frozen.



I'm digging deep in my old photo collection and hope to have enough material to put up some pages about other mountains in the area.

The Meili range is just the beginning of even more stunning peaks more west.

The Lower Marmot

The Lower Marmot - Oct 1, 2004 11:00 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page!

Mgross

Mgross - Oct 1, 2004 11:43 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

This is a great page!

cmc56789

cmc56789 - Oct 2, 2004 3:23 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page. looks like a beautiful area, the rad tape situation is unfortunate.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Oct 2, 2004 5:41 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page - and oh so blue skies! Great pictures which could be a little sharper.

Velebit

Velebit - Oct 2, 2004 6:49 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Beautiful page Corax and so much info about quite unknown area, thanks for posting! Photos are great too!

BobK

BobK - Oct 12, 2004 4:34 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great photos!! I have been to the area but never saw the mountains. When were the pics taken?

Corax

Corax - Oct 25, 2004 11:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote!

The photos were taken in the end of December last year.

The weather in the area is unpredictable and the mountains can be hidden by clouds for long period of time. When I was there first time in April, 1995, I didn't see any of the peaks.

Kenzo Okawa

Kenzo Okawa - Nov 5, 2004 7:57 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good information and beautiful photos!

gordonye

gordonye - Nov 9, 2004 3:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Fantastic, Janne! Very thorough information and absolutely gorgeous pictures.

Corax

Corax - Nov 10, 2004 8:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks a lot for this comment and for the other two on Qungmoganze and Kangzhangri.

Corax

Corax - Jan 13, 2008 3:15 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: beautiful

Thanks for the comment!

Krasen

Krasen - Mar 4, 2018 1:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Meili Xueshan

I was there in 2015, August, with my wife and my daughter. We spent two nights in one of the hotels near Feilai temple. It was the rainy season, so we coulnd't see the summits of Meili Xueshan at all, they were hidden in the rainy clouds.
At that time we made a trekking from Feilai temple deep down to Mekong river and the village beside its coast- from 3450 down to about 2050 m altitude. There was a dirt road starting from the main paved road from Yunnan to Tibet, which descent to about 2800 m, to a small abandoned village. From there, there was a narrow path, descending to a bridge on Mekong with few stupas. It was the most dangerous part of the trekking- the narrow path crossing the extremely steep slopes of Mekong valley was really scary in some places, I had to take my 5 years old daughter very very carefully. Anyhow we reached the Mekong, found a jeep with local Tibetans who took us back up to the Feilai temple hotels. However, the view to the magnificent Meili Xueshan, standing all the time in front of us, was really breathtaking.

Viewing: 1-16 of 16
Return to 'Meili Xue Shan' main page