Mont Blanc traverse

Mont Blanc traverse

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing

Traverse from Refuge Cosmique to Mont Maudit, Mont Blanc, Mont Blanc de Courmayeur and Dome de Gouter

Auguille du Midi on the way to Refuge Cosmique
Huge cornice at Bosses ridge
Mont Blanc from Refuge Cosmique
Sunrise at Mont Maudit on the way to Mont Blanc
Top of Mont Blanc de Courmayeur
Mont Blanc de Courmayeur
View from the top of Mont Blanc
End of Brouillard Ridge
View to Mont Maudit and Mont Blanc du Tacul
Matterhorn + Grandes Jorasses: View from Mont Maudit

Date: 15.07.05 - 17.05.05:

After climbing in the Dolomites and Dauphiné Alps (Barre des Écrins)I drove with 2 friends to Chamonix. As the weather forecast said that it will be perfect weather, we decided to make the Mont Blanc traverse. We slept in the Refuge Cosmique (3.600 m) and started in the night at 1:30. The way to Mont Blanc du Tacul and Mont Maudit is really steep but as there was enough snow it wasn´t to delicate. At the Mont Maudit there is a scarp of 60°. There it was a accumulation - and climbers who could not wait and were reckless! Idiots! We experienced a great sunrise with the Matterhorn and Weisshorn in the background. And then we saw the Mont Blanc - and later we were on the top! What a great view: Grand Jorasses, Monte Rosa, Matterhorn, Dauphiné Alps - a perfect dream!!! Then we crossed to Mont Blanc de Courmayeur. This way was blank ice and quite delicate. Then we went back to the top of Mont Blanc - and we were alone! After enjoying the sight we descended the Bosses ridge to Dome de Goûter. After a night in the Goûter hut we descended the rest. In the Grand Couloir we had much luck as a stone flew half a meter next to us into the depth. It was a really long tour - but one of the greatest I ever made!



Enlarge
Panorama - Mont Blanc seen from Dome du Goûter


Comments

No comments posted yet.