Normal route from Krma valley

Normal route from Krma valley

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.36000°N / 13.77000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble, climbing, UIAA I
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up and easy climbing
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


See the main page of Triglav how to reach Mojstrana village. From there you turn south into the long Krma valley. By the road you reach first Zgornja Radovna village, then Kovinarska koca (hut) and afterwards (if the road is cleared of snow) the end parking place at about 1000m.

Route Description


You drive to the end of road in Krma valley. Then you start walking over beautiful Krma valley and by a nice marked route you come to the crossing with route to Bohinjska vratca and route to the Triglav.You choose the first one and you soon come to Bohinjska vratca, 1979m. To the here you can also come from west side from Vodnikov hut. Now you start climbing on south ridge of Vernar and in about one hour you come to the summit. You must climb UIAA I somewhere.

You descend by the same route.


Essential Gear


Good hiking shoes and for not good climbers rope.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

VernarRoutes