Adjama

 

Adjama
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Adjama
Manufacturer Petzl
Page By Erik Beeler
Page Type Nov 29, 2004 / Apr 25, 2007
Object ID 1177
Hits 7442
Vote
Ideal for the athlete aspiring to move onto bigger and better things, this this do-anything harness is built for comfort and dependability.

Wide waistbelt is padded with dense foam that maintains its shape; mesh lining wicks moisture for added comfort

Delta System™ leg loops use the latest innovations in ergonomic shaping for improved comfort and freedom of movement

Offset waist buckle keeps the belay area clear of obstructions

Droppable seat makes it easy to answer natures call while still being tied in

Plenty of gear racking options, two rigid gear rack/holster on the sides and two backpack friendly semi soft back rack

Deluxe storage pouch included

Sizing information as follows:
XS waist 23.6" - 27.9", leg loops 18.1" - 20.5"
S waist 26.4" - 30.7", leg loops 19.3" - 22.5"
M waist 29.1" - 34.3", leg loops 20.5" - 24.4"
L waist 31.9" - 37.3", leg loops 22.5" - 26.4"

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-10 of 10

UncleBob - Aug 23, 2005 12:24 am - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
This harness has the most comfortable leg loops that I have ever used. Very good to your body, stylish yet practical for rock/ice alpine or whatever. Quick on/off/adjust straps are an amazing boon and you will never want to go back to doubled-back buckles again.

The only thing that keeps this harness from being perfect is the lack of a haul loop and the annoying tendancy of the leg loop seat straps to come untied. The clasp system used to release the seat is an engineering failure and will regularly fail with the sustained and constant use that is typical in mountaineering. This is only a minor annoyance for rock climbing.

If Petzl is listening, CHANGE THE SEAT ATTACHMENT !

montana boy - Jan 10, 2006 12:10 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
Overall an excellent mountaineering harness. Easy to use, comfortable enough, and pretty light. I agree that a haul loop would be a nice addition. I personally haven't had any trouble with the straps previously mentioned on this particular harness; but the potential for trouble is there because it is the same design as other straps that have failed me.

Sebastian Hamm - Jan 20, 2007 6:26 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I agrre with my previous speakers. Excellent mountaineering harness.

teochristopoulos - Mar 5, 2007 10:11 am - Voted 2/5

Disappointment.
I bought this harness from Arco, Italy October of 2005, a few months after its realise. I wanted to replace my old heavy Petzl Gourou. The harness is very comfortable in approaches and alpine climbing, enough comfortable in semi-hanging and hanging belays (Meteora style) for its weight and bulk.
BUT it has a really BIG PROBLEM.
The attachment system for the seat is a failure indeed. It fails when you wear a pack, it fails when you climb chimneys, it fails without any reason. I don't understand why Petzl replaced the perfect clip of Gourou and all its oldest models. The clip of my Gourou works perfect after 6 years and numerous chimney pitches.

I sold the harness 3 to 4 months later and returned to my Gourou. Two months ago a bought a Beal Aero-Classic, with haul loop, real clip for seat realise and very little bulk when carrying. I'll write a review soon.

About Adjama: Don't buy it if you climb with pack, don't buy it if you climb chimneys often.
Otherwise a good harness.



stepho - Aug 14, 2009 9:21 pm - Voted 5/5

Re: Disappointment.
luckily i think petzl fixed this problem on the newer models.

MountaingirlBC - May 7, 2007 1:15 am - Hasn't voted

Comfortable but tricky sizing for Women
The first thing I noticed about the Petzl Adjama harness is the unique DoubleBack buckles on the waistbelt and leg loops. This ingenious design dispenses with the need to double back your buckles and is a really nice feature. The next thing I noticed was that it didn’t fit. I’d ordered the XS which according to Petzl’s sizing chart should have fit but I was not able to get it on without undoing the waist and leg loops. Women’s bodies are different. I’m sure the sizing chart would have worked for a man, but being the curvier of the species, I was stuck. Undoing all the buckles every time was not a reasonable option so I exchanged it for a small.

The small size worked better, but now I had to cinch it as tight as it would go around my waist. Unfortunately that put the left side gear loop around behind my back, rendering it pretty much useless when climbing with a pack on. This was a little problematic when cleaning multi-pitch routes as I’d run out of room on my right gear loop

The elastic that attaches the leg loops to the back of the waist band detaches, allowing us girls to heed the call of nature but is virtually impossible to do up again without help.

That being said, this is a remarkably comfortable harness. The breathable padding around the waist and legs were a pleasure and the soft gear loops in the back went unnoticed under 65lb pack. I wore this harness during a particularly long, unexpected descent while 5 other climbers with full overnight packs rappelled off of me. Much to my surprise I had absolutely no soreness in my lower back the next day. Even after I’d been wearing it for 12 hours straight, with the full pack the only points that were sore were just where the ridged gear loops were caught under my waist belt. The harness is lightweight and comfortable and doesn’t restrict movement at all. It also packs small which is nice when trying to cram a week’s worth of gear into a pack.

Definitely try this harness on before you buy it. If it fits you, you’ll be very happy with it. For general climbing and mountaineering, it’s an excellent choice.

rasgoat - May 19, 2007 7:10 pm - Voted 5/5

I love it
I have the more recent model than the above people and I think Petzl has made some improvements.

I agree with all of the good stuff above, comfy and functional, yet light.

packet - Jun 15, 2007 6:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Love this harness
Very comfortable harness, got it on sale and it was well worth it. It packs fairly small too. I don't know if I'd want to hang on it all day, but for mountaineering it's great.

stepho - Aug 8, 2008 3:32 pm - Voted 5/5

very comfy
perfect for gym climbing. very comfy leg loops.

timd - Mar 10, 2009 5:42 am - Voted 4/5

Great harness
I got this harness for Christmas and started using it that day. This is actually one of the most lightest and comfortable harnesses I have ever owned. I have hung in it for hours at a time. The ease of putting it on is great, it only takes seconds to be harnessed up and ready to go. For ice climbing and mountaineering you can't go wrong with this one.

Viewing: 1-10 of 10