Momentum

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Momentum
Manufacturer Black Diamond
Page By NYC007
Page Type Feb 2, 2003 / Feb 2, 2003
Object ID 652
Hits 3642
Vote
Round here we understand the plight of the climber (you know, that whole climb or work dilemma.) That’s why we’ve created a harness that’s comfortable, durable and fully adjustable… at a price that won’t leave you high and dry. The Momentum sports recognizable BD styling, injection-molded gear loops and a well-padded waistbelt. Fully-adjustable leg loops allow you to customize this harness’s fit to your body and your attire of the day. With the look, feel and performance of a $100 harness, the Momentum is great for everyone from beginners to well-seasoned climbers. 14 oz

Reviews


Viewing: 1-9 of 9

NYC007 - Feb 6, 2003 4:00 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
This is a great all-around harness. Its is easy on and off, light, padding is great for cragging. If you have a budget and need only one harness, this is it. Only thing that its missing is a drop seat, but is minor. I havent once had a problem with comfort with this harness, ever when just hanging around....

Hack - Nov 22, 2003 9:38 pm - Voted 3/5

Untitled Review
I have found this harness to be right for my needs (indoor and some sport routes). My only gripe with it is the way that it digs into my legs when applying weight because it will hurt a good deal after a while. I have used the BOD harness and have not had this problem. Straightforward product and generally comfortable, plenty of room for adding gear with 4 loops and a chalk bag loop.

The Defiant One - Mar 28, 2005 10:22 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
This is a solid all around harness. I use it for alpine climbing and multi-pitch rock routes. I find it very comfortable, easy to walk it, easy to adjust and fit on over heavy expedition weight clothing.

I do wish it had a drop seat, but that only bothers me on alpine climbs. If you only buy one harness, this isn't a bad bet.

McCannster - Jan 23, 2006 9:08 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
Climb with the same kind of harness Rad has. Good harness.

Steve Larson - Jan 22, 2007 4:53 pm - Voted 4/5

Good All-Around Harness
After years of using the Bod I got one of these. I haven't been sorry. It is comfortable, I like the molded gear loops, and it is only an ounce or two heavier than my Alpine Bod, which I still use for glacier travel. As others have noted, it would be better with a drop seat, and I find the tendency of the elastic leg loop retainers in the back to loosen kind of annoying.

binersrcool - Aug 4, 2007 12:52 am - Hasn't voted

first harness
this is my first harness, and a great starter harness. it's still perfect for sport routes, but the itty bitty gear loops sure do fill up fast!!! this would be the perfect harness if they could squeeze in a few more gear loops. all in all though, i've been pretty happy!

EverydayExplorer - Sep 18, 2007 4:46 pm - Voted 5/5

Comfortable
The pricepoint is why I bought this harness but I have been very satisfied. It is sufficiently comfortable to hangdog while top roping. My only gripe with it is that when the velcro starts to come undone it scares the sh*t out of me. The velcro is not structural, its just there to help put on the harness but it still is scary to hear things come undone while climbing.

WoundedKnee - Dec 21, 2007 10:46 am - Voted 5/5

Nice and comfy
Light, too. I'm a cheapo, so this serves as a nice all-around harness for climbing and glacier travel...

AltitudeSickness - Jan 3, 2008 5:35 pm - Voted 4/5

All around solid harness
I have used this harness for two years. I have used it rock climbing on both single and multi-pitch climbs. I chose it because I weigh 200 pounds. It has been comfortable and easy to put on. A shortcoming comes into play when you have to rack up with alot of gear, the loops are not a large as other harnesses.

Viewing: 1-9 of 9