This is a classic day-hiking, climbing, and skiing backpack that has been recently seen significant changes in the 2001 model year. This page is for the 1996-1999 model years. The 2001 model year will have a separate page.
Narrow in profile, the roomy Exocet is an ideal pack for day hikes, climbing, skiing (not snowboarding), and summer overnight trips. A unique curved profile with a single buckle lid makes the Exocet ideal for cragging or multi-pitch climbs. Long and narrow for a pack of its capacity, the Exocet is extremely comfortable and doesn't impede movement--features that make it ideal for day climbs where you need to carry ropes, equipment and other supplies. It features a dual-density foam suspension comprised of both hard and soft foams for comfort and support. The long torso and semi-hipbelt transfer weight off your back and on to the hips. Despite the streamlined design, the Exocet features plenty of accessory pockets for water bottles, energy bars, keys and more.
See this pack in action!
- 420-denier DuPont high tenacity nylon
- Top access to interior of pack
- Contoured lid features zippered pocket and key clip and elastic weatherproof fit
- Padded hip belt with 1.5" buckle for maximum support
- Dual-density foam suspension
- Padded and quilted open cell foam back panel
- Contoured laminated shoulder straps
- Adjustable sternum strap
- Rope compression strap under lid
- Haul handle
- Two spacious front pockets large enough for water bottles, gear and food
- Side accessory/wand/water bottle pockets
- Compression straps spaced to accommodate ski bindings
- Center Daisy chain with ice axe/tool loop