Gore-Tex Clarion Impact

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Gore-Tex Clarion Impact
Manufacturer Vasque
Page By Brett A
Page Type May 28, 2004 / May 28, 2004
Object ID 1082
Hits 3706
Vote
Great for hiking and backpacking in wet conditions, these midweight boots feature waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex® Stormsock® booties.



* Uppers feature nubuck leather for durability and support, plus Cordura® nylon panels for reduced weight and improved ventilation

* Side rubber rands enhance durability

* Anatomically formed tongues and padded ankle collars cushion pressure points and help keep water and debris out of boots

* Polyurethane Percussion Midsole System cushions feet and supports arches

* Moisture-wicking Sportee® polyester knit linings help keep feet dry and comfortable

* Deep V-lug rubber outsoles offer excellent traction

* Medium footbeds included (can be customized with optional Variable Fit System II footbeds)



Specifications based on size 9.

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-5 of 5

Brett A - May 28, 2004 7:59 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I am reviewing the non-Gore Tex model, which was $120.00 6 years ago. I used these boots for over 800 miles of backpacking/hiking over 5 years. I couldn't have been happier with them. They traveled over on-trail and cross-country terrain. The soles are very worn down now after all the miles, and there is some minor ripping in the upper part of the boot, but they are still great.

I just replaced them this year with the Vasque Breeze which are lighter than these. I could have had them resoled if I had wanted, and they would have been good for another 800 miles.

I never really needed the Gore Tex, but it might be helpful.

Jonboy71 - Sep 24, 2004 4:00 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
I bought these boots in the early summer hoping to have them broke in for my first 14ner in sept, to my suprise the boots were instantly comfortable. They worked great on some class 3 climbing, being rigid enough to support your weight on toe edges but yet flexible enough for the long approach hike, my only complaint is that they are a touch too warm when the temps start getting above 65 degrees, but they are plenty warm for temps below freezing. with just a medium wieght pair of socks, I've put about 150 mls on these boots and I'm extremely happy with them!!!

Alpinist - Jan 25, 2007 3:48 am - Hasn't voted

Great boots!
The Vasque Clarion boots have been my primary boots for all of my summer backpacking/mountaineering trips for the past 5 years. The rubber toe wrap is finally starting to peel, but other than that they have held up very well.

They are very sturdy boots and provide great ankle support for carrying heavy loads. I have a wide foot and they are also very comfortable to wear. I've logged quite a few miles with them carrying heavy loads and traveling off trail. They do tend to be a bit warm though, and I usually have to change socks and air out the insoles midway through a hike on hot days to avoid sweating and blisters.

Bill Reed - Mar 20, 2007 1:09 am - Voted 5/5

Lovin' these boots!
Been using mine since '01 trip to the Winds. With a Super Feet insole they're pretty hard to beat,....at least my feet think so. They're a bit scuffed after 5 years, but still going strong!!

mjrangel - Jun 2, 2007 9:21 pm - Hasn't voted

untitled
No breaking-in period! Great right out of the box. The mid sole is nice on the feet. Prior to this pair, I had the REI Monarch and those rock hard Vibrium soles forced me to double the insole to prevent bruising. This was not a problem with the Clarion. However, the toe gets dinged up pretty easily because they are nubuck instead of full grain leather.


Viewing: 1-5 of 5