Rock & Ice Parka

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Rock & Ice Parka
Manufacturer Feathered Friends
Page By GuitarWIzard
Page Type Mar 15, 2002 / Mar 15, 2002
Object ID 179
Hits 9754
Vote
The Rock & Ice is the warmest, most advanced parka on the market. Nine years of experimentation and constant feedback from climbers have gone into making the Rock & Ice Parka, designed to keep even the most fatigued body warm in brutally cold conditions. Filled with over 21.4 ounces of 750+ fill down, it is baffled and differentially cut throughout the parka and hood. The permanently attached hood overlaps the collar and closes over the lower face. As a custom option, this parka can be made with a "tunnel style" hood with the brim extended completely around the sides (increasing wind protection to the face). The Rock & Ice features a double zipper front closure with a down overflap and reinforced shoulders, back and elbows. Three piece articulated elbows and two piece set-in sleeves give increased arm and shoulder movement. Construction includes an elastic powder skirt and cuffs, velcro wrist closures, mitt clips and a waist drawstring. Two large external cargo pockets, two inside chest pockets sized for one-liter bottles and net cargo pockets below the powder skirt provide space for spare gloves and food. With its 100% windproof PTFE-Lite or PTFE-Max shell, the Rock & Ice is the ultimate expedition parka.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

Ardvark - Jan 5, 2005 3:59 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
The rock and ice has every imaginable feature and still weighs less than parkas that are not as warm. I especially like the interior pockets, which include low mesh pockets for drying gear and breast pockets for food and water. The draft tube and two separate zippers ensures a complete barrier. The choice of fabrics allows you to get a light parka with good water resistance. Oh, and the hood both keeps your head toasty and functions (you can see and breath). You simply can't find a warmer parka or a better made parka for any price.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1