Summit Parka

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Summit Parka
Manufacturer The North Face
Page By scottfromcali
Page Type Mar 13, 2004 / Mar 13, 2004
Object ID 1038
Hits 4417
Vote
Plenty of warmth for the coldest weather the Sierras can summon. 700 fill down insures warmth, ripstop shell fabric sheds morning frost and a water bottle pocket keeps the fluids flowing. Tapered baffling and a down filled hood result in a great jacket for excruciating belays, cold nights in town or mountain igloo living.
Neoprene stretch cuffs
Dual hand pockets

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

scottfromcali - Mar 13, 2004 6:09 pm - Voted 3/5

Untitled Review
I bought this parka for winter climbing, around town, and anyother cold weather outtings I incountered. I am not real pleased with it so far, its warm but not overly warm. I bought it with the impression I would rarely get cold in it. Its' baffled down construction is ok there is not a lot of down in the elbow area, causing that area to get cold first. I've tried putting it in the drier on low settings to try and move the down around I fluff it up when I use it. The cinch arond the bottom of the parka is useless, uncomfortable, and doesnt keep the cold out. when you walk the space between your thighs and the jacket open up and let cold air in. It would make much more sence to have a waist cinch.



I do love the big permanently attached hood, it accepts a helmet and is very warm.

AndreasBlomquist.se - Jan 23, 2005 5:53 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
The best part about this jacket is the down filled hood which you can't remove! Neoprene stretch cuffs is great although it feel like the cuffs end up in the middle of my fore-arm everytime I stretch for something. I wouldn't buy it again, will go for the Baltoro next time!

Viewing: 1-2 of 2