Tenshi

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Tenshi
Manufacturer NEMO Equipment, Inc.
Page By
Page Type Jun 21, 2005 / Jun 21, 2005
Object ID 1356
Hits 6071
Vote
Tenshi is the ultimate two person tent for extreme 4-season conditions. The tent is one of the last remaining eVent™ single-wall shelters still available on the market.



Weighing under 5 lbs. and massively reducing condensation through multiple vents, Tenshi is an alpine assult tent masquerading as an all mountain shelter. Tenshi will allow you to forget the old school adage that the only way to go high and light involves pain and suffering.



Tenshi is the first and only tent of its kind with an integrated Condensation Curtain™, variable venting and a Removable Insulated Floor (RIF sold separately). A retractable vestibule provides shelter for cooking, but can been clipped out of the way on sunny days or during high winds. Two doors and three vents, all of which can be opened or closed, allow you to monitor the optimal amount of ventilation. Internal poles with Hypalon Corner Pockets™ make for a quick and easy setup.



For more information on NEMO technology and products, visit www.nemoequipment.com.





Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

Fabrice.Rimlinger - Jan 1, 2009 5:10 pm - Voted 5/5

Excellent tent 5*+
I tested this tent in strong wind in the Andes, it did not move an inch.Quality is outstanding and ventilation extremely well designed (not mentioning the clever curtain). As spotted by Sergio, every detail was designed with a specific function in mind.
It is super easy to set up, the only thing I did not like was the tiny velcros on the pole, hard to set w/ gloves.
I however sold the tent because I am 1,88m (6ft 2inches) and the Tenshi is 10cm too short for me, the sleeping bag was touching the wall at both ends... Nemo guys, I would glady sacrifice some headroom for some extra length. You have the details right otherwise. I would strongly recommend this tent for light expedition conditions.

wildoats - May 19, 2010 6:29 pm - Voted 5/5

Bomber Tent
A little hesitant at dropping the money on a tent, but I've been happy with it so far. Taken it on multiple outings, most recently on Shasta's Casaval ridge. Performed like a champ. Some slight condensation issues, but we had the vents closed down pretty good because it was a cold night (so not entirely unexpected). I even like the storage system they send it in, finally a tent that I can fit back into the storage sack when I'm done. Multiple guy-out points make it easy to fight the wind.

The only thing I don't like is the storage sack doesn't compress very well for actually packing it up. I've had much better luck using a granite gear stuff sack (size small) to store the tent body (I don't compress it down, just a smaller volume).

As for sizing, my friend is 6'2" and barely fits in. I'm 5'9" and fit just fine. When both of us are in it, it's a little tight, but it's a more than fair trade for the size/weight/function.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2