Quarter Dome

 

Quarter Dome
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Quarter Dome
Manufacturer REI
Page By tarol
Page Type Feb 9, 2006 / Jan 22, 2007
Object ID 1594
Hits 4689
Vote
Freestanding double-wall 2-pole dome tent with 2 doors and 2 vestibules. Dead-end pole sleeves allow for quick set-up. Aluminum DAC-featherlight poles are 9mm. Mesh panels and ceiling vent allow for venting. Fly can be rolled up halfway. Tent is easy to stuff into its compression stuff-sack. Tent comes with stakes and guylines and a footprint is available. Sleeps 2 people (must be relatively short and small people, though, and good friends! There's not a lot of wiggle room in its 85x52 inch space). Sleeps 1 very comfortably with a lot of room for gear.

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-3 of 3

tarol - Feb 9, 2006 4:08 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I've had this tent since it first came out and have been pretty happy with it. Sometimes the poles can be hard to get into their grommets in order to set up the tent, usually in dry weather when the tent fabric is especially taught. That is my only complaint. It's held quite up well in wind and rain and snow. I have slept in it with another person on two different trips, but it is a tight fit. I have a lot of room for myself and gear when I take it as a solo tent.

MRoyer4 - Oct 28, 2009 9:49 pm - Voted 5/5

Small and Ultralight
It's a great, sturdy, ultralight tent, but you better know the person sleeping next to you. The two doors and two vestibules are nice and the tent keeps the elements out. However, the floor is no bigger than two thermarests.

I had a zipper break after some use. REI replaced it no hassle.

Brian C - Jul 28, 2010 7:30 pm - Voted 5/5

Nice but cozy
Great tent to share with that special someone. It's light, and sheds weather very well. Sat through some rough downpours in the San Juans without getting a drop inside the tent or under the vestibules. Plus the two doors make it much much easier to deal with the tight quarters. I bought this to replace my older model 2-person backpacking tent and it feels luxurious!

Viewing: 1-3 of 3