Trekker

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Trekker
Manufacturer Silva
Page By Nikolas_A
Page Type Jan 24, 2004 / Jan 24, 2004
Object ID 988
Hits 3736
Vote
If you’re into backpacking, angling or camping, this lightweight compass is perfect on the trail. It has a 4-position positive stop mirror with vee notch which gives you quick, accurate sightings when plotting a location. The rotating capsule has a sure-grip dial with a stylized “N” at the 360° mark. And a red orienteering arrow gives you a quick, precise needle match. The enlarged numerals and 2° graduations make it easy to read the bearings. And our declination scale allows you to make quick adjustments of map bearings to field headings. Other features include inch and millimeter scales on a clear base plate for easy mapping and plotting. North/South lines and an orienting arrow help you keep your bearings. While the lanyard keeps your compass close at hand.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

Nikolas_A - Jan 24, 2004 10:14 am - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
Honest deal from Silva.
It is easy to take bearings with, you can handle it with gloved hands without problems and readings are visible in poor lighting conditions.
The declination scale is usefull also. Plus the price is good.

Only problem is the mirror's "positive stop" is not so positive. I have to use a rubber band to keep mine closed

Pawkala - Jul 4, 2004 10:27 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
A great product. Simple, useful, very lite, and a great deal. Highly recommended.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2