Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 38.59984°N / 112.45808°W
Additional Information County: Utah
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring
Additional Information Elevation: 7802 ft / 2378 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is the southernmost of the cluster of peaks that comprise much of the Southern Pahvant Mountains. It offers some of the best views to the north and south.

Getting There

From Richfield, drive west on I-70 to Exit 7, which is the western intersection of I-70 and Clear Creek Canyon Road (28.8 miles). Turn right (East) and drive 1.2 miles. Turn left onto FR106/Pavant Corn Creek Road and drive 1.7 miles to the north side of the peak and turn right onto FR382. Travel southeast on this dirt road for 0.7 miles. Practice caution on this road, which can get incredibly slick and sticky after a rain.

Route

From the pull out, meander directly west over a moderate incline without a trail to the summit.

Round-trip Distance: 1.1 miles

Elevation Gain: 520 feet

Red Tape

The peak is in the Fishlake National Forest. Practice Leave No Trace ethics as best as you can.

When to Climb

Year-round is possible though snow travel would be required for an additional 5 or so miles to get to the peak in winter. Spring through fall are the best times.

Camping

There are many primitive sites throughout this mountain range. Castle Rock Campground south of Fremont Indian State Park is one of the closest developed campgrounds.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Pahvant MountainsMountains & Rocks