Another SPrs view of Pellucid Wombats decisions

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Thu May 27, 2010 2:08 am

Good, we're winding down in a mellow(er) way. Mark, I'm thinking that you did the right things, you were just dealt a bad hand. I came across one of your pages on SP today, and I'll treat it as some of the best advice I could get. Rest. I would trust you with my life, but don't feel the obligation!

Bill Reed

Re: Another SPrs view of Pellucid Wombats decisions

by Bill Reed » Thu May 27, 2010 2:41 am

Neophiteat48 wrote: Maybe I shouldn't start this thread and this guy just goes away, or maybe he needs to be heard from some others on the subject.

Maybe you should have gone with your first thought.

no avatar
ZethKinnett

by ZethKinnett » Thu May 27, 2010 3:08 am

I'm glad that Eric used his real name here so that now when anyone Googles his name they will see this. These next few mentions are just for you! Eric Whillhite is a mountaineer. Eric Whillhite has climbed over 400 peaks. Eric Whillhite is the man of the century.

Marmaduke

by Marmaduke » Thu May 27, 2010 3:11 am

ZethKinnett wrote:I'm glad that Eric used his real name here so that now when anyone Googles his name they will see this. These next few mentions are just for you! Eric Whillhite is a mountaineer. Eric Whillhite has climbed over 400 peaks. Eric Whillhite is the man of the century.

HORSESHIT

Marmaduke

Re: Another SPrs view of Pellucid Wombats decisions

by Marmaduke » Thu May 27, 2010 3:13 am

Bill Reed wrote:
Neophiteat48 wrote: Maybe I shouldn't start this thread and this guy just goes away, or maybe he needs to be heard from some others on the subject.

Maybe you should have gone with your first thought.

Yea, maybe. But it did bring out some interesting discussion and very informative discussion. And truly showed who and what Eric Whillhite.

Garfimi

by Garfimi » Thu May 27, 2010 3:19 am

This forum has a lot of north and south going Zaks. How can risk be calculated? How can it be mitigated? Risk is infinite, constant, and variable. Anyone that thinks they can control risk is supercilious and insane. Nobody on this forum was there with Mark and Tom. PellucidWombat get back out and climb. No better therapy in my simple opinion.

dskoon

by dskoon » Thu May 27, 2010 3:20 am

Neophiteat48 wrote:
ZethKinnett wrote:I'm glad that Eric used his real name here so that now when anyone Googles his name they will see this. These next few mentions are just for you! Eric Whillhite is a mountaineer. Eric Whillhite has climbed over 400 peaks. Eric Whillhite is the man of the century.

HORSESHIT

I think he was being just a bit scarcastic, there. . .

dskoon

by dskoon » Thu May 27, 2010 3:26 am

peladoboton wrote:in any case, he's a cocky damned douche going after mark that way...

what kind of pussy does it take to, in the name of "i've climbed shit so i can open my mouth", go after someone at a point when they are throwing down their deepest feelings in an effort to make sense of real life tragedy?

grow a pair and grow the fuck up, eric (while we are using your real name).

(see you guys later if this one gets me the boot...)

I don't think it will. . .

Marmaduke

by Marmaduke » Thu May 27, 2010 3:42 am

dskoon wrote:
Neophiteat48 wrote:

HORSESHIT

I didn't finish reading the post to see the, "man of the century".

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Thu May 27, 2010 3:43 am

Neophiteat48 wrote:
dskoon wrote:
Neophiteat48 wrote:

HORSESHIT

That would be Obama.
:wink:

no avatar
ZethKinnett

by ZethKinnett » Thu May 27, 2010 3:57 am

peladoboton wrote:in any case, he's a cocky damned douche going after mark that way...

what kind of pussy does it take to, in the name of "i've climbed shit so i can open my mouth", go after someone at a point when they are throwing down their deepest feelings in an effort to make sense of real life tragedy?

grow a pair and grow the fuck up, eric (while we are using your real name).

(see you guys later if this one gets me the boot...)

Hey man, ease up on Eric Whillhite, don't you know he's climbed a lot of mountains? Eric Whillhite has climbed the highest point of all 50 states, Eric Whillhite has climbed Denali, Eric Whillhite has even traveled over seas to climb mountains.

Ok, I think I've had enough of that, but let me tell you how much restraint it's taken not to make a really tasteless joke in this thread: a lot.

Marmaduke

by Marmaduke » Thu May 27, 2010 4:13 am

mrchad9 wrote:
Neophiteat48 wrote:
dskoon wrote:
Neophiteat48 wrote:

HORSESHIT

That would be Obama.
:wink:

Now that was obviously sarcasm, nobody in their right mind would think he is anything but dirt right now.
:twisted:

GeoPooch Sobachka

by GeoPooch Sobachka » Thu May 27, 2010 5:27 am

Oh wow, this page cracks me up. I always thought the 1st mountain on the page ought to be called a Delusion of Grandeur Peak.
http://www.willhiteweb.com/utah_climbin ... bs_305.htm

Summitpost isn't quite free of the same attitude though. "Climb" a thousand humpy bumps, build a following if your pictures are good and your own voting habits generous.

Day Hiker

by Day Hiker » Thu May 27, 2010 6:00 am

Dow Williams wrote:my god, Day Hiker is missing this?

I can't be everywhere all the time. Sometimes I have to delegate my grammar-Nazi authority:

Damien Gildea wrote:
mrchad9 wrote:Why do folks criticize typos and spelling? This isn't a major news publication.

OK, having now recovered from the shock of your insightful revelation that this is not a major news publication, I will offer this.

Poor grammar and spelling are jarring on the eye, they hinder reading to those that recognize them and thus degrade efficient communication. Why would anyone want to do that?

In some cases, poor spelling, grammar and vocabulary can even alter the meaning of a sentence from that which was intended, or at least allow ambiguity, further hindering efficient communication.

The assumption is that if you couldn't master the basics of spelling and grammar so as to communicate effectively with most mature adults, then there's probably various other things you weren't up to understanding either. Thus poor writing carries less authority, and degrades whatever real value, knowledge or meaning the author may possess, which is a shame, and usually unnecessary.

If you can spell correctly, and choose not to, or choose to ignore your grammatical errors, it shows that you do not care, that you do not put much value on what you write here and thus conversely on what others write here. Thankfully most of us don't feel that way.

If you can't use correct spelling and grammar, or don't care enough to do so, that's your problem, not ours. :)

:D

PreviousNext

Return to General