by tarushbali » Sun May 28, 2017 3:55 am
by ScottHanson » Wed May 31, 2017 6:53 pm
by 96avs01 » Wed May 31, 2017 6:56 pm
ScottHanson wrote:Do you need a permit to climb standard route on Shasta? If yes can you sign permit at the trailhead or do you apply for permit in advance? Is there a daily quota of permits?
by clmbr » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:10 am
by astrobassman » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:59 am
by thegib » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:39 am
by clmbr » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:07 pm
astrobassman wrote:Hi all, I am in Berkeley for work this week and was planning on climbing Shasta this Saturday 6/17. I am seeing two very different weather forecasts. National Weather Service is calling for gusts up to 90mph Friday night into Saturday, which if it stays that way I will not attempt. Mountain-forecast.com paints a much better forecast, showing very climbable conditions on Saturday. Does anyone have any experience with these forecasts being wrong for Shasta area, and/or any good Shasta weather advice in general? Thanks in advance.
by mrchad9 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:10 pm
by clmbr » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:30 am
He may be right. He has climbed Mt Shasta at least 35 times.mrchad9 wrote:I would go for it... I am this weekend. The wind could be strong but just as often it is wrong... I have had several windless afternoons on the summit when the forecast called for 70 mph. Plus it should be dying down Saturday afternoon. If you are overnighting and planning to summit Sunday then this forecast is perfect for you.
Plus... as I see it the current NWS forecast says winds of only 32 mph and gusts to 46 mph by 11:00 AM Saturday. And it is warm... 38 degrees. This is not that bad.
Which route are you planning? Is Ian coming too? Perhaps we can meet again on Misery Hill?mrchad9 wrote:... I am this weekend...
by mrchad9 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:24 pm
clmbr wrote:Which route are you planning? Is Ian coming too? Perhaps we can meet again on Misery Hill?mrchad9 wrote:... I am this weekend...
by powderjunkie » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:42 pm
by mrchad9 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:02 pm
powderjunkie wrote:trees block road less than .75 miles from the clear creek TH. Continuous snow from TH, but not for much longer.
Saturday was windy once you got above 11K. Sunday was calm with lots of people summiting.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests