Death March?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Eastern US. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Eastern US Climbing Partners section.
Wendellator

Death March?

by Wendellator » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:01 pm

So i am reading a Lonely Planet book. I came across an article about the "Appalachian Mountain Club "Death March" Basically they climb all 13 Summits From Gorham Notch to Crawford Notch in 1 Day. I would like to find some more info on the route and if anymore else if familiar with this.
I am tossing this idea around to try it in July,but since i am not familiar with the area any beta would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Wen

nartreb

by nartreb » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:11 am

"Gorham Notch" isn't an official name, but you're probably talking about a Presidential Traverse, which usually starts near the town of Gorham and ends in Crawford Notch. Not sure how you get to 13 summits though, the usual route covers at most 11 named peaks, and that's counting a couple of truly piddling bumps.

Plenty of Presi Traverse trip reports here on SP, search under Trip Reports or find links on the Presidential Range page (search under Areas & Ranges)

no avatar
jniehof

by jniehof » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:14 pm

Return to Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)