Full value?

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
dskoon

Re: Full value?

by dskoon » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:11 pm

sjarelkwint wrote:
dskoon wrote: Deep, continuous powder that has left me exhausted and in need of a few beers at the end of the day,

What a lame excuse for drinking :lol:

Wow, really? :roll:
I can see you're the jealous type. .
Btw, I never need an excuse for drinking, just a desire. :wink:

dskoon

by dskoon » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:32 pm

sjarelkwint wrote:
dskoon wrote:Btw, I never need an excuse for drinking, just a desire. :wink:

that's what i meant :wink:

Ah. . . Gotcha.

x15x15

by x15x15 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:30 am

Steve1215 wrote:.

...sounds like the blind are leading the blind

...rofl

followed by the dumb... lmfao...

Vitaliy M.

by Vitaliy M. » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:33 pm

twoshuzz wrote:
Vitaliy M. wrote:You did North ridge?! That's the route I want to do up it, one day.

You do not need to get up at all or write a lengthy description. Just post a few photos and write a few words about it in this thread for a start. Would honestly make my day! How many days did it take on route? Were there good bivy spots?

I don't have my journals/albums in front of me as I'm away from home in "the shop," specifics and such will have to come down the road should/when I decide to knock out a route page.There are some personal "obstacles" to overcome before posting a TR and "shared" pics. As memory serves me at the moment:

We followed the 79 French route, bottom 2 top in just over 5 days "on route" with rougly 1 and 1/2 days on descent and a couple of very long days during both. 4 camps along the way, two "common" sites low on the route @ 5800m +/-, the other at 6200m +/- commonly referred to as "Captain Crunch." Other bivvy sites came as opportunity arose, our last below an enormous serac dubbed "The Guardian." Good mix of rock (to 5.7 YDS)/snow/ice/snice/junk/slush/sugar... all along the way with tremendous exposure to either side along the ridge proper. Post monsoon, we were still under a "weather window," the afternoons seeing precip in some form almost daily from start to finish. It was a cold and wet trip. By the time we began the climb proper, we were really wanting to just get the hell out of there.

Thank you for sharing. Did you guys downclimb/rapell the regular route or North ridge (to get down)? Which month?
Some day...

Vitaliy M.

by Vitaliy M. » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:40 pm

Top rope ever pitch on the nose in a day with stef hahaha

Twoshuzz, what did you think was more difficult or committing, cassin or north ridge on AD?

Previous

Return to General